Struggling

My husband died at the end of February this year and then I had to have my dog put down in May.

I am struggling. I try to get through the days by keeping busy but when I start to think about anything I can’t stop crying.

Last week I had the response to my PALS complaint which I think may have churned me up. They haven’t answered my questions and now I don’t know whether to pursue it or not.

3 Likes

Oh @MrsBlueSky I really felt for you when I read your post, grief is so, so hard to process.
So much has happened to you in the last 6 mths, one thing compounding the next and you might well be right the PALS response is probably the final straw and churned you up, especially if they have not answered your questions.
Perhaps you have not got to decide just now whether you pursue it or not.
Very personally I think crying is so natural your husband and dog have been your beloved companions.
Your GP, Macmillan or similar services might be of assistance with local or on line support.
Give yourself time, your feelings are so natural and be ever so kind to yourself.
Please do keep using us to say how it really is for you and the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you on 0808 2080 888.
Please do keep posting and sending you loads of love.xx

2 Likes

You can contact the data protection officer at your local trust and ask for a copy of your hubby’s medical records
It would be best to put it in writing by email if you can

Thanks, Erica.

Appreciate your support.

2 Likes

Hi 2DB
Thank you for the advice.

1 Like

Dear @MrsBlueSky - I just wanted to send my love to you. As @Erica says grief is so hard to process - you are so brave for sharing that it’s a struggle. Take care and keep talking - we’re here for you xx

3 Likes

Thank you.
I phoned the support line last week and spoke to Heidi who was very helpful.

3 Likes

Please do keep posting how you are doing @MrsBlueSky.
Be very kind to yourself