The Christmas Thread 2019! Come and join :-)

@Erica your festive bags sounds delicious! that’s really good to hear that you’ve found ways in which you are able to reduce any stress during the festive season, I can imagine, as you say, doing some activities earlier can really help. The theatre and pantomime sounds fun! do you have a favourite theatre show you have seen in the past? :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Su, my favourite theatre shows have been all the ones using famous songs by a singer or band in the story line, especially We will Rock You with all the Queen songs in it. Also Miss Saigon when the cheapest seats turned out to be a box really high up, fantastic views.
My husband likes all the Agatha Christie plays and we went and saw The Mousetrap for his birthday, which was great and I really enjoyed the play Yes, Prime Minister, it was so topical at the time and now and I love the clever verbal humour. At Christmas I do not think you can beat a good old panto for a good laugh. These days the stage productions are so clever. We have a very old theatre near us and it is warm and sort of hugs you.

2 Likes

Christmas at yours sounds like so much fun @erica :grin: it sounds like a really nice variety of shows you have been able to see too :+1: and it must be so handy to have a theatre very close by!

Any other theatre/panto fans on here? :grinning:

1 Like

Hello everyone, it’s great hearing about your Christmas plans. I love that everyone’s Christmas traditions are different. I love Christmas, although I’m probably not as excited as my children! The last few years there has been a worry hanging over us that Hugo would need to spend Christmas in hospital, so this year has been especially nice, knowing we will definitely be at home. Although it does mean that I am not as organised as I have been! The next 3 days are going to be spent in a wrapping present frenzy so it’s all done by the time the children break up from school!

2 Likes

Lisa, it will be a very special Christmas. It makes me smile when I open my TV TImes and see you and Hugo and remember how far he has come. I bet he gets away with a lot now, especially as he has that lovely smile which would dispel any anger against annoying behaviour. Poor big brother! Love to you all, and I wish you an amazing Christmas and New Year

1 Like

@MrsGriff, it’s lovely to hear that you and the family are guaranteed to be spending Christmas at home this year :grin: I can only imagine how tricky it must be to plan things when there is uncertainty. I bet the children are excited to be breaking up from school and looking forward to the holidays! haha Good luck with the present wrapping, I’m sure they’ll love their gifts :blush:

1 Like