Walk of light 2024

£270,000 and counting so far from Walk of Light 2024. Should keep the @BloodCancerUK-SupportTeam in Yorkshire Gold Tea and chocolate digestives for a bit longer :wink:
Had a great evening and hope everyone else enjoyed their walks too, @Erica felt you walking with us in spirit from the comfort of your nice warm living room :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Oh, Wow, absolutely brilliant and what a stunning photo of yours @clickinhistory
I sure was walking beside you @clickinhistory

3 Likes

That’s amazing! @clickinhistory

4 Likes

@Nichola75 when they sent out the email as £150,000 before we all walked, it was great given that comic relief had hoovered up a lot of cash just before this, but the Sunday big total and still growing, made the walk even more important. The fact we had paint powder from the Holi festival and the changing colours from the bridge, made it more special. Hoping to have raised about £500 by the end of this week.

3 Likes

Hi, I was at Birmingham as well, and it was amazing to walk with like minded people for whatever reason they were walking, took painkillers after about 30 mins in but I completed it, got my medal and raised £1,245 !!

6 Likes

Whoa £1245?! That’s so excellent, @KT1609! You must know a lot of people and/or they’re very generous!

3 Likes

@KT1609 did you get that will it won’t it moment as the donations come in as it got close to £1234 and part of you gets that, ohh moment if it clicks over just as you are putting fuel in? :wink:
Well done.
Next time, could you push a little harder @Erica :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, well done and that is a brilliant amount to raise @KT1609

3 Likes

Hi @Duncan

I’m very fortunate to know lots of people who have been incredibly generous, I feel very humbled they had that much faith in me!

3 Likes

It’s so great that you and others did the walk. Something to be very proud of. And who knows, maybe our donations will fund the PhD research that reveals a cure! Metaphorically see you at next year’s Walk Of Light, @KT1609!

3 Likes

well done everyone who did the walk . Huge congratulations on funds raised.

3 Likes