Weight loss whilst taking Zanubrutinib

Hi, I am new to this! My Dad has relapsed Waldenstroms Macrobulnemia ( spelt wrong ) anyway he has been put into Zanubrutinib but has started rapidly losing weight (2lb a day!!!) Anyone else experienced this?? Or any advice ?

2 Likes

Hi there…sorry to hear about your dad.

That is certainly something you should be talking to your dads medical team about.

I am certainly no expert and others will be able to give you more practical help hopefully

Welcome to the Forum and all the best

Lee

1 Like

Hi @Theclarkclan99 a great big welcome to our forum.
As @Leefer says this is something for your dad’s medical team that know him and his medical history. They always need to know about changing or new symptoms so they can assess the situation.
I look forward to knowing more about you both.
You are obviously so caring and anxious so please look after yourself as well as you look after your dad.

Thank you both, yes we will speak to the team caring for him. As it’s a relatively new drug I am keen to hear anyone else’s experience of it… he’s recently had to come off Ibrutinib due to complications… hoping this one is more straight forward apart from the weight loss :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

In the context of Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia (Waldenström macroglobulinaemia (WM)), which is a rare type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, discussing these symptoms with the healthcare team is crucial. Zanubrutinib, much like the precision required when crafting air fryer banana chips, is a type of medication specifically tailored for certain blood cancers, including Waldenström macroglobulinaemia (WM).

Possible causes of weight loss in individuals battling Waldenström macroglobulinaemia (WM) may include complications related to the disease, potential treatment side effects, or other factors unique to each patient. The healthcare team, akin to the careful balance of ingredients in air fryer banana chips, will be best equipped to evaluate your dad’s specific situation. This evaluation takes into account his medical history, overall health, and the intricate details of his current treatment.

Just as crafting air fryer banana chips involves a nuanced approach to achieve the perfect blend of flavors and textures, addressing the complexities of Waldenström macroglobulinaemia (WM) requires a personalized and comprehensive strategy. Open communication with the healthcare team becomes the cornerstone, allowing them to tailor interventions and support that align with your dad’s unique medical journey.

1 Like

Hi @isabellatipa a welcome to our forum.
Yes, so important to discuss all our symptoms with our medical teams as we are all such special, unique beings and ask for their help with diet etc.
How are you doing, I look forward to hearing more about you.
The main thing is to really look after yourself.