Abandoned by my family

Hi @Ruthiebabe1. That is such great news. An early Christmas present! Please let us know how you get on X

3 Likes

Wow, @Ruthiebabe1 good for you having the courage to contact the receptionist, you certainly got a good result.
Please let us know how your iron infusion goes.
Look after yourself.

3 Likes

Good news ive had my iron infusion and booked for blood test in 4weeks plus a phonecall from the hospital the day after. I feel a bit better already thanks everyone for your help. HAPPY CHRISTMAS. X

3 Likes

Hi @Ruthiebabe1 so glad that you have had your iron infusion and got your blood test booked in and then a phone call from the hospital the day after.
Please keep posting how you are and whatā€™s going on and I am so glad that you are feeling a bit better, a bit of good news helps, doesnā€™t it.
Look after yourself.

2 Likes

Itā€™s great to hear you are feeling a bit happier X

3 Likes

So pleased you got the ferritin /iron transfusion. I had last transfusion 2 years ago can honestly say the only CML treatment with no downside, it made a new woman of me! Also once the iron increased it has stayed in normal range. I did not notice much in the way of immediate effects but by 6 weeks my stamina and energy had significantly increased. Good luck

3 Likes

I am so glad i found this forum, i know now i always have someone to talk to. Thanks for listening i will keep in touch. X

5 Likes

Hi @Ruthiebabe1 we will be here and listening and if you would like to talk donā€™t forget the Blood Cancer UK is there too, please do keep in touch and look after yourself

2 Likes

Make sure you do :blush: take care

2 Likes

Hi @Ruthiebabe1, @Rammie18, @Franko, @Ismo, @Hmc63, @Billy1mate, @Rae, @TM1972, @Nichola75 and all.
This is such a difficult time of year, exacerbated by Covid and the media so donā€™t forget your forum family and Blood Cancer UK support line are there for everyone to say how it really is for them.
Look after yourselves.

2 Likes

I wonder how many others feel abandoned by Boris and his team. My family totally donā€™t understand and wonder why I am making a ā€˜fussā€™. I feel less safe now than I have felt throughout the whole pandemic. Itā€™s not clear who is eligible for what and how you access the antivirals. If I go out and about how do I know I am not being infected by someone who thinks it all over. Also a tradesman is legally allowed to come to your hom to work even if they have Covid. How do we navigate all these very scary situations?ā€¦.and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

5 Likes

I really donā€™t know @Bronte. Iā€™ll await the updated guidance and see what they suggest.Itā€™s very hard for others to understand isnā€™t it :disappointed: Iā€™m just hoping all those jabs have done their job to some extent!

4 Likes

Yes, it is an abandonment, @Bronte. At the very least, Johnson could have announced the keeping of free LFT and PCRs for the immunocompromised, just to show he is aware of our existance and to the continued threat to us. That might yet happen, but should have been said immediately. However, he couldnā€™t say it without admitting that dropping all restrictions is not yet safe for millions of people. There are 3.7m clinically extremely vulnerable. Nearly 9m over-70s. Hundreds of thousands of pregnant women. And 10% of the population who donā€™t know it, but are genetically predisposed to reacting very badly to covid. Not to mention that we are nowhere near being an optimally vaccinated population. Whilst the WHO says it is too early to drop all measures. This is not a public health move - it is purely political, to keep the Tory libertarians on his side whilst his position as PM is hanging by a thread. He is sacrificing lives for political and personal gain. I simply cannot put into words what a low opinion I have of this human.

Going further, he could have announced some sort of support entitlement for those who simply cannot go to work safely - although that was never going to happen from this compassionless lot, who are willing to lose Ā£16b to covid fund fraud to the likes of second home owners, but not to help those who can barely leave the house because of covid.

Rant over. I agree itā€™s an absolute abandonment. Restrictions could have been eased out and/or a few small measures kept. There could have been offers to us. An acknowledgement of us. NOTHING.

4 Likes

@Bronte and @Fullofbeans , I couldnā€™t agree more with both of you

4 Likes

This is what has been said,
ā€¦
Free lateral flow tests (LFTs) will no longer be available in England from 1 April, except to the over-75s and people over the age of 12 who have weakened immune systems.
ā€¦
targeted vaccines and treatments would be in place for the most vulnerable, and the government would follow the recommendation of the UKā€™s vaccine advisory body to offer an additional booster jab to the over-75s and the most vulnerable over-12s this spring
ā€¦
So, we will still get free lateral flows, for the time being
and the guidance for antivirals changed from +ve PCR, to just +ve lateral flows, on 11th Feb, so there is no need for PCRā€™s
and the 5th jab is on itā€™s way
ā€¦
This was always going to happen, Iā€™m pleasantly surprised we have the anti-viral and lateral flow tests to fall back on, as I wasnā€™t expecting that.
All good news to me.

ā€¦ and I have had builders, plumbers, electrician, plasterer in the house for 2 weeks so far ripping out the wet room, and putting in a decent shower room - stripped right back to the ceiling below, outside walls, and roof above, and re-done, Iā€™m much more concerned about all the dust, than the virus.

and I was at a very busy cafe at the weekend, trying to catch up on my on-line business, and keeping warm, as we were without power and internet for 2 days - and we have no mobile signal, in this part of Cornwall.
a lot of the village was there, as it was the closest place open that had power - and hot food/drink, and free wifi!.. and it was the first weekend of half term, so there were loads of visitors too.

Itā€™s been a long time coming, and itā€™s definitely not too soon for me.

3 Likes

Exactly; heā€™s a disgrace.

4 Likes

He has done so much better than the other lot,
they would have tied us to the EU procurement of the vaccines and development, and many more of us would have died unnecessarily.
least we forget

We canā€™t see the alternate reality where another political party led us through the pandemic, unfortunately, @heatherthomas. Iā€™m criticising what has happened, not what I have imagined would have happened ā€˜ifā€™, and I feel it is valid to have criticisms of a public figure when his actions directly and negatively impact me, my family and most blood cancer patients. We all have different political stances, but sometimes policy can be clearly measured as negative or positive in its impact on a demographic. This policy is unanimously agreed to be negative for immunocompromised blood cancer patients. Iā€™m sorry if you donā€™t agree - we canā€™t always agree. Iā€™m sorry I have edited this several times, to be as polite as possible, and to be more concise.
Keep well. Weā€™ll agree on something, sometime!
All the best.

3 Likes

You do not know my political affiliations, you canā€™t, as I donā€™t actually have any political affiliations, I believe I am what is called a ā€œfloating voterā€, I have voted for most political parties in my time, including the ā€œmonster raving looney, runner green bean party, alias top catā€.
personally, I donā€™t think many of them amount to much, whatever flavour they are,
but I do not imagine what would have happened, I watch prime ministers questions quite often, and definitely when something is being brought up that might affect me, You should look at Hansard, you will be illuminated.

From a point of view on what actually happened,
I think what was spent on PPE, and the rip off that happened was appalling,
the admin behind getting info out, and ensuring people knew what was happening was a mess up, which felt like swimming through treacle a lot of the time.
The lifting of the triple lock was a breach of trust, and also appalling.
however, the vaccination programme, and anti-viral programs have been stunning, and world leading.
And I celebrate the lifting of the restrictions.
And I am very pleased I am in this country, and not anywhere else in the world, at this time, and with my health conditions.
And I am very pleased most of my extended family is also in this country, at this time, with the relief the lifting of restrictions bring.
Unfortunately, my brother and his wife are in Canada, and thatā€™s been a disaster, but we are trying to keep their spirits up, the best we can.

I contacted my GP yesterday to ask for some clarity. I was fobbed off in exactly the same way as I was with the 3rd and 4th jabs. They clearly have no idea of the protocol again, this is not their fault. I have no interest in political stripe, just in granular management and care for those at risk rather than rhetoric.

3 Likes