Accessing Lateral Flow Tests

Last night I read that you will no longer be able to order free tests in England from morning of November 16 via nhs website
Some Local Chemists are opting into a scheme were you can order via them.
My local ROLANDS CHEMIST IS ONE OF THESE. Weather this scheme will be opted into by Rolands Nation wide I’m not sure.

I Wanted to give people a “heads up” on this
@Erica @jules @Rammie18 @LauranBloodCancerUK

4 Likes

Copied and pasted from forgotten lives uk

We have had it confirmed By NHS England that the online service for ordering lateral flow tests WILL close on the morning of 16th November and pass over to collection from community pharmacies. The ordering system will remain unchanged in the devolved nations at this time

Now would be a good time to go online and order a pack if you need them before the deadline to ensure you have some to tide you over.

Mark Oakley Nikola Brigden Martin Eve

4 Likes

Hi @anon06
Are you able to amend your title to lateral flow tests will close online 16th November
Or latest update to lateral flow tests

3 Likes

Yea done it just now

2 Likes

Ooops missed that
Fab thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @anon06 I ordered by last pack on line a couple of days ago.

2 Likes

Thanks I ordered a pack last week coincidentally as I wasn’t well at all, thankfully it was negative but I may order another to be on the safe side . Thanks @anon06

3 Likes

Just ordered

Much appreciate the heads up @anon06

3 Likes

Just going to put in an order :+1:

2 Likes

To confirm my local Rolands Chemist had opted in, but wether Rolands has done this nationwide I’m unsure @Nichola75

2 Likes

Hi @Coastgirl
The online site closed 16th November

My local Tesco is supplying them my daughter checked a couple days and they weren’t sure but came back to her to say they will but only if I have covid symptoms just in case you try a Tesco

1 Like

When I tried to order some Covid tests via the Government website it said , ‘Free rapid lateral flow tests are no longer available on this service…but you can get free tests from a pharmacy.’ So I went to my local pharmacy armed with evidence of my eligibility to be told that the Government haven’t sent them any free tests for distribution.
I’m wondering if this is a local issue or a country-wide problem?
Has anyone been successful in obtaining some LFTs from a pharmacy?

2 Likes

Hi @Coastgirl Sorry to hear your local pharmacy weren’t stocking tests! Others have also told us they are having difficulty getting free tests from a pharmacy. Please be assured that our Policy team are looking into this. In the meantime, we suggest trying a different pharmacy if the first one you try does not have free tests. You can show the pharmacist this** fact sheet from Community Pharmacy England **which explains who is at high risk from covid and therefore eligible for free lateral flow tests.
Please do feel free to give us a call on 0808 2080 888 if you want to talk it through further.

2 Likes

My local pharmacy aren’t stocking them yet either . I had to explain the new arrangements to the pharmacist, who said she will look into it (the pharmacy has to register to be part of the new scheme). I think pharmacists are so busy (some drugs have supply issues and the Govt seems to be pushing more work onto them but without additional resources so they are very overloaded). Suspect this will be another “postcode lottery” issue , with some areas not having pharmacies signed up to the scheme.

1 Like

As stated previously I wanted to confirm Rolands Chemist is offering the service in my area. Obviously I am unsure if this applies Nation Wide @Alice_BloodCancerUK

1 Like

The system that sent out free test kits to the vulnerable has changed. We need to find a pharmacy in the sheme and prove we are vulnerable. However we can now report a result from any such test not just the free test and trace ones. I wasn’t notified of the change and my normal pharmacy attached to my surgery hasn’t signed up to the scheme. I am finding it hard to woirk out where I can get them from - not really able to go from pharmacy to pharmacy to ask! Others may want to try and work out their nearest pharmacy in the scheme.

Latest info from community Pharmacy England

Preparing to provide the service and sign-up

Q. Is provision of the service mandatory?
No. This is an Advanced service, so pharmacy owners are free to choose if they wish to provide the service.

Q. How do pharmacy owners sign up to the LFD service?
Pharmacy owners will be able to sign up to provide the service by completing the LFD service declaration on the NHS Business Services Aut

Q. Can pharmacy owners deliver test kits to people requesting them if they cannot visit the pharmacy?
The service is focused on people or their representative collecting test kits from their local community pharmacy. People who wish to have test kits delivered to their home could consider using the NHS and Care Volunteers Responderswho may be able to assist. However, home delivery is not precluded by the service specification, as long as all the other requirements of the service are fulfilled.

1 Like

Hi @nelletap
I have had a google to see how easy it is to find out participating pharmacies there are no lists
It looks like ringing around pharmacies to find out
who will supply them to you

1 Like

Yes that is now what I am doing. My Landsdales hadn’t realised it had changed and suggested they will find out and I can call back. So far others are engaged!

2 Likes

Bless you
I hope your Landsdale gets on board

I think it has caught most people and pharmacies out

1 Like