Been red flagged to see a haematologist

Thank you Erica, You have all been so supportive to me from the very early days which already seem like a lifetime ago - so much has happened since, so thank you! My PET scan revealed 5 bone lesions in total, 2 of which are on the sternum and the others on my right arm, left shoulder and skull. But none of those really gave me any trouble. I’m so grateful to have started treatment even though I know I’ve a long road ahead

5 Likes

Hey @Emma13,
I hope you are doing okay? My goodness what whirlwind you have been through these past few weeks. I’m so pleased you have been scooped up and are feeling some relief from your bone pain.
I can see the level of incredible support that so many have given you already and i just simply wanted to add that our support service team is very much here for you should you need any information or simply want to talks things through at any point- Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK.

Keep in touch with us all, Lauran

4 Likes

Oh Emma, you really have been through the mill.

I am so pleased you have a diagnosis and a treatment plan.

It sounds like your medical team are on the ball.

Sadly I am still waiting for an appointment. I spoke to the doctor and apparently she’s asked for the haematologist‘a opinion rather than refer me do I have to be referred. I just hope I haven’t slowed down the process.

I’m feeling better in myself but still have this dizziness which is concerning but I’m hoping it’s some kind of inner ear infection but no one seems to be taking it seriously.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and hope the treatment isn’t too awful. Good luck and please keep us informed.

Take care x

2 Likes

Oh @Amandabubble It really is waiting and not knowing isn’t it.
Look after yourself and keep posting

@Emma13
I am so impressed with how ‘together’ you are sounding I can see that the fear of the unknown was the worst thing for you and you sound so ready to work at this unexpected problem which has hijacked you.
Big love to you. Find your moments of peace and joy. You have the strength you need. Well done
Love GrandmaJo

2 Likes

Hi @Emma13,
I hope you are doing okay? I just wanted to check in as I hope your treatment is going smoothly & your pain management has improved? I would imagine life has been somewhat of a rollercoaster since we last spoke, but i do hope you’re being greatly supported by your team.
Always know our support services are very much here for you & your family if you need to ask questions or talk things through- at any point- Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK.

Take good care, Lauran

3 Likes

Hey Lauran, sorry im only responding now! Im doing ok thanks, good days and not so good but i take each day as it comes and embrace whatever it brings. If that means having a cry, then thats what i do, and if im up to seeing friends then thats a bonus.
Work has had to take a back seat which is disappointing as i love my job, but its been a weight off my shoulders this week to postpone some things Id clung onto hoping i could still make happen. Sometimes learning to accept what we can and cannot do is hard, and id so many exciting plans for this year which now cant happen. But onwards and upwards as the saying goes!
Treatment wise im in cycle 3 now and looking ahead im scheduled for a stem cell transplant in September all being well. My PP levels are well down already which is fantastic. I do struggle with some side effects but overall im very grateful for the medical team i see twice a week, and for good friends and family who help keep my head up on tougher days. :heart:

4 Likes

What a brilliant response and attitude @Emma13 , and your medical team, employer, good friends and family seem to be really caring for you.
Be kind to yourself too and please do keep posting

1 Like

Hi @Emma13,
My goodness never apologies- you have hand your hands very full of late!! It is wonderful news that your treatment is going so well and September will be here in a blink.
It sounds like you have done an incredible job of being kind to yourself whilst you go through so much that you cannot control. it can be such a juggle but even more pressured when you have ambitions & commitments in other parts of your life so i know a lot of people will really resonate with your words! taking back some power from such a powerless situation isn’t easy but essential in choosing where to place your energy. I hope the family are all doing okay?

As always we are only ever a phone call away should you need a chat.

Take good care, Lauran

2 Likes