Brain anyeurism and Et

I’m opening this up and asking if anyone has suffered similar and what advice going forward perhaps they can share. It appears my anyeurism was small and I had a vent procedure to divert the blood flow away and fix the damage. Life seems so much more daunting prospect now…
I hope to leave hospital soon and I will see my consultant Haemotologist tomorrow to start treatment again. This will be a long slow journey I know but I’m sure with help I can get through it… I am scared and as a carer for an elderly mum who lives with me it scares me… however il keep people updated but wondered if others had been through anything similar.
Stay safe everyone

1 Like

Hi @Hmc63, I haven’t had a similar experience but my mother and grandmother both died of brain anyeurisms in their 60’s so I am quite happy making it into my 70’s !!!
No family history of blood cancer as far as I know.
Also medical advances have improved so much.
The main thing is concentrating on your recovery first, although it must be concerning as your mum’s carer.
I would write down and ask your consultant all your fears, thoughts, questions, practicalities etc.
Please let us know how you get on and take care.

Thanks. My recovery should be straightforward…providing i take it slowly…and steadily…they said I can do normal thing just very slow to begin.
I am getting a gardener to come and sort the garden out for the first few months.

2 Likes

Really good idea to get a gardener in @Hmc63
What about some ready made meals.
The Parsley Box ones do not have to be kept in a freezer.
Any thoughts on help with housework?
Has anyone else got some tips to help whilst recovering?

Thank you for starting this thread, I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been through this, it’s so understandable that life feels so daunting after what you’ve been through. Wishing you a smooth recovery - we’re only at the end of the phone there’s anything we can do to support you.
Have you spoken to an occupational therapist at the hospital about what support you might need?
You mention you’re a carer for your mum - do you get much support with this?
Do keep us updated with how you’re getting on if you feel up to it!

1 Like

My friend is going to help.witb that
Luckily mum can wash and dress herself just can’t lift anything.
I’m try l
Parsley box see what it’s like.
Onwards as they say… petrified isn’t the word.

1 Like

Hi @Hmc63, I haven’t tried Parsley Box but have looked at their website, the great advantage to me was that you do not have to keep them in the freezer, my freezer is jam packed.
Your friend sounds a very special friend.
Just take care of yourself that is the main thing.

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. I’m out of hospital now and resting at home…my medication looks like a shipping order …blood disorder medication stays the same…it was reassuring to know when admitted to hospital my platelets were 340 so my recent increase in tablets had begun to work. I’ve seen the consultant from haemotology who came to see me and she’s happy with me… the anyerism…excuse my spelling caused by a weakness in my artery …could be something I was born with…
My mri scan was positive…the procedure with a catheter in my leg was successful…think it’s called angioplasty.
So with my shipping order I came home last night …I’ve had a good night’s sleep and feel more rested.
Anyone who ever worries about this the technology and expertise of medical staff is outstanding. To have an operation or procedure with no stitches is beyond me…
So it’s back to reality now
Take care …I’m doing ok…

1 Like

Oh @Hmc63, great to know you are safely home and had a good nights sleep. I am glad you have your shipping order of meds, I often think that I could open a pharmacy from home.
Aren’t the NHS great, we are so lucky to have them caring for us.
OK it is back to reality but perhaps it is back to concentrate on your rest and recuperation.
Look after yourself and stay safe.

Take it easy @Hmc63 and hope that your recovery goes smoothly.

1 Like

Well the recovery continues …am feeling more settled now. I’ve been back on my blood medication now for a week and good to know my increase had brought my platelets down to nearly normal 340 before I had my anyeurism… hopefully when I get my blood test next week they will have gone down again.
Another week and I can hopefully stop taking so many tablets . I’m lucky got my friend in helping me around the house. I’ve got a gardener comming in tomorrow to take charge of my garden for the next few months until I’m.strong enough to do it myself. Never had a gardener before …so appt with my haemotology dept next week… I’ve got my neighbours bringing me delicious Sunday dinner …people have been do kind…
Stay safe

2 Likes

Hi @Hmc63 I am really impressed that you are accepting help, it is a real strength to do so.
Friends and neighbours can be priceless.
The main thing is that you recuperate and look after yourself and of course keep letting us know how you are.

You sound like you’ve got so many people looking out for you @Hmc63 which is fantastic. I had to rely on the one friend I had who lived locally when I was out of action and I’m sure that he got fed up of me after a little while! Do look after yourself and check in here anytime you need to talk.

2 Likes

Thank you …I’ve been so lucky with friends and neighbours…my friend who has been shielding formed a bubblec with me when I came home and gas been to see me every day…she’s been fantastic. My neighbours brought me a Sunday dinner in yesterday which was delicious…
Tomorrow in a g it a blood test for ET to.make sure my platelets are going down
Not feeling too bad

1 Like

My gardener started today …can’t tell you how happy that made me…grass cut…daffodils are out…made me feel happy. Stuff house work the garden is what I love… looking forward to putting a few plants in the tubs…that I can manage in a few weeks.
Stay safe everyone

1 Like

Your friends and neighbours sound so special @Hmc63, a Sunday dinner, wonderful and so does your gardener sound wonderful.
Doesn’t it make a difference when you can enjoy looking out of the window and not get that sinking feeling of not being able to cope with everything, a good move I say.
What tasks are others getting help with?

Laundry… hoovering…shopping .my friend who’ve I’ve formed a bubble with has been every day… she’s even renewed all my downstairs door handles…put a new bolt on my gate and new sign for house number up…she’s someone I use to work with for a long time and lives 2 mins away…she’s got a family but isnt working at present . She’s also helping to look after my mum as well … she even came in to the drs with me today while I got my blood test …she’s got a good sense of humour which I need … now the challenge is to start doing more walking…build it up slowly and . steadily…
One thing I’ve noticed thats changed is my tolerance level
I always use to be so patient and listen …but if someone is too loud or going on about things too.much I find myself telling them to calm down and stop.and be grateful for what they have life’s too short to worry… stop arguing avoid conflict and move on …
Just waiting for my blood test results today …my haemotology Dr came to see me when I was in hospital as my medication was stopped while they treated me…luckily my platelets were 340 with the increased meds before my anyeurism…on leaving hospital they had gone back up to 680…but restarted all.my meds 2 weeks ago I’m.not anxious just would like to know…ironically they got blood samples from.me very easily and that’s not ususal.im normally a difficult one to get blood from…
Stay safe …thanks for listening

1 Like

Hi @Hmc63, I cannot help you medically but your friend is a very special, talented lady and what a very special friend.
Yes, I know what you mean about tolerance levels, I think because I have been shielding for so long that they have definitely changed, I shout at the TV regularly. I also don’t tolerate what I think are rubbish programmes, I am far more selective about what I watch.
How important is it and all that.
I love people with good senses of humour, just what we all need sometimes.
Does this resonate with anyone else?

Good news platelets came back as normal 340…so medication is working …give me a good boost that the extra Angralide and making sure I take them is working. Appears my other levels are good as well especially my ability to fight infection. Still really tired from yesterday but am smiling today :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Hmc63 great news I am smiling for you too, now perhaps a rest is in order after yesterday.

1 Like