Can I share some good news!

I have trilinage Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and I went for my appointment today to check to see if my EPO (growth hormones) injections are working. I have been feeling much better but was worried that it might not be enough and that blood transfusions were the next step! The injections are working so well I’m now only slightly anemic! Even my haematologist was surprised. My nuetrophils are still on the low side 0.7 but even that is better so I’ll take that. I know things can change but I’m so relieved and she has confirmed exactly what my diagnosis currently means to me when she says its low risk. So I’m happy. :slight_smile: Norma

13 Likes

Derma congratulations on your good news.

3 Likes

Hi @Derma your good news has made my day, look after yourself, thanks for letting us know

3 Likes

That’s brilliant news and very encouraging really happy for you x

4 Likes

That’s great news :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello Norma,
I am very happy for you. I am also happy that your subjective feeling was right and that the bloodwork confirmed that you are indeed improving!
Thanks for sharing, it’s very encouraging.
Have a nice evening
Love, Sarah

4 Likes

Aw yay that is great news, @Derma! I love it when we can share good news here, it gives hope. Feeling much better and being “low-risk” must be like icing on the good news cake, or an equivalent delicious treat of choice! Now treat yourself in reality for achieving this result, I say!

3 Likes

That’s fantastic news

1 Like