Chest x ray high platelets TERRIFIED

This is how i always react, have been like this since my 30s and I’m almost 49. I’ve had every therapy that exists and nothing can change as I am severe.

2 Likes

Hi @Nayia, that is good news that your lung test came back normal.
I realise you are still in fear for your repeat bloods in the New Year, can your doctor come up with anything else that might help you?
I realise the holiday season will be very tough for you, we are here to support you and if you would like to talk to someone you can contact the Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 (10am-7pm Monday-Friday, and 10am-1pm Saturday and Sunday) or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk,and perhaps what you could do is make a list of organisations like the Samaritans Helpline: 116 123, Helpline: 0808 808 00 00, NHS 111 etc (opening hours for all need checking for the holiday period.) so you have them if you need them.
I am glad that you have the support of your sister.
Have you got anything that you like doing, I enjoy walking especially when people have decorations up, I am very nosey, I like reading, mostly crime novels and I love music (1960’s on and very eclectic)
Take lots of care, stay safe and keep posting.
Has anyone else got things they enjoy doing?

1 Like

It’s on Friday. Not too long to wait! X

2 Likes

Good news about your scan. I do understand that you now have the anxieties about the tests in the new year. I think you just have to keep taking one day at a time. Yes, you felt awful after, but @Nayia, you did it and you got through! Give yourself a bit of credit X

2 Likes

Hi @Nayia, I have been thinking about you a lot and I actually see you so differently. I really admire you because you can articulate your thoughts, feelings and actions so clearly.
You are terrified, yet you do overcome those feelings and have the determination, courage and ability to get to appointments etc, I think that takes so much more courage than for someone less terrified.
I was diagnosed with another severe condition and all I could see in my mind when I left the consultants office was ‘Severe’ in gigantic fluorescent letters, I see you as so much more than that
Please keep posting as you help me so much as I learn so much about myself in your posts.
Take care and stay safe.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: I hope you’re ok :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Nayia, I am doing OK, thanks so much for asking I really appreciate it.
I am putting up decorations and as I said to someone it is a thin line between grotto and grotty. I will keep going.
You have had some good news about your getting yourself to your lung test and the results, celebrate the moment, spoil yourself, you are worth it and you are doing brilliantly. Take care.

3 Likes