Children 3-years old with ALL and covid19

Short info:
Gustav, 3, was diagnosed last autumn with acute lymphoblastic leukemia(preB-ALL)

The cancer-treatment with chemo all the way is 2 years and 1 month in Sweden so it will be finished nov 2021 if everything goes well. They change program from NOPHO-2008 to this new program ALLTOGETHER in September 2019 in Sweden Gustav is one of the first 10 In Sweden for this program. This program is more similar for the world.

In April was he infected with COVID-19 also :pensive:
He had a cold for about a week and had been to the hospital a few times during that week but they never tested him. Why they tested him 16/4 was because he still had symptoms. We got the answer that he was positive and the first child in Sweden with ALL and Covid-19 17/4.
The plan was to start the block 27/4,but they stop it because Covid19.
They was afraid for his cold and they were afraid of covid19 would affect the lungs during anesthesia.
They change the plan and start with all intravenous chemotherapy 30/4(VCR 1,5 and DOX 30) and Dexa because he still is neutropen, and done the rest on Monday( trippel chemotherapy, ITT in bone marrow) and 6MP on 7/5

We started gogustav on Instagram in hope to help people dealing experience .
/Daniel

1 Like

Hi @Loveryd, a great big welcome to our forum and thanks for your experiences from Sweden. The joy of this forum is that it does not matter where you are in the world. It must have been such a difficult time for you all. I wonder if you feel helpless and powerless to make your child better? What I have found is no matter our circumstances we seem to share the similar thoughts, feelings and practicalities. I look forward to hearing more from you and what it is like for you and Gustav. Stay safe.

hi @Loveryd, a big warm welcome to our forum! It sounds like you have been through so much, you and Gustav. I’m so sorry to hear this, but so encouraging that you have joined our forum. How are you both doing?

1 Like

The god news is he defeated the Corona yesterday, the bad new is he needs to remove the venous port that is in his chest due to a new infection. Starts directly with antibiotics today and operarion

2 Likes

Oh, my heart goes out to Gustav, what he has gone through at such a young age. Please keep posting how you are feeling and doing too. Stay safe.

Hi @Loveryd how are you and how it Gustav doing?
I hope he’s doing ok after the infection in his venous port. We’ve got everything crossed for Gustav and we’re right here if there’s anything we can do to support you and your family.

1 Like