CLL Webinar Thursday March 18th 1:00 PM: Where next for treatment in CLL/SLL? Prof. Peter Hillmen

Prof. Peter Hillmen is a first rate speaker and this update on FLAIR, STATIC and Ibrutinib is a timely reminderof where we are. We have opted for additional Question and Answer time in a anticipation of the interest.

Thank you,
Lewis

Our next webinar

Thursday 18 March starting at 1.00 pm London (8.00 am EST)

"FLAIR and STATIC trials status and Ibrutinib update"

We are very pleased to have Prof. Peter Hillmen as our distinguished guest speaker.
Prof. Hillmen will be covering the results from the FLAIR trial, the launching of the new STATIC trial and the latest information on Ibrutinib.

Prof. Peter Hillmen is Consultant in Clinical Haematology at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and Honorary Professor of Haematology at the University of Leeds.

He has chaired the chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) trials sub- group of the National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) since 2002 and is a member of the Haematological Oncology Clinical Study Group of the NCRI.

Peter has published over 80 peer-reviewed papers in journals including The Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine, Blood and Journal of Clinical Oncology, has authored a number of book chapters and was Associate Editor of the Haematological Journal.

There will be plenty of time for questions after Prof Hillmen’s talk and Questions in advance of the day can be submitted when you register.

We will also hear:

• A patient’s CLL experience: John Greensmythe

----------------------------------------------
We
will start promptly at 1:00 pm, and you can join from 12:45. The Webinar will close by 2:30, allowing time for questions

Please register by emailing : webinar@cllsupport.org.uk

The access code and password will be emailed to you after you register, usually within 24-48 hours. If you do not see the link please check your junk/spam mail box, if the link is not there please email coordinator@cllsupport.org.uk

This will be a full and interesting programme, and demand for places for previous webinars has been very high, so to help us to plan, please register your interest as soon as possible.

We will also be streaming the webinar live on Facebook

We look forward to welcoming you!

CLL Support Trustees

Registered Charity: 1178482

2 Likes

Hi @DavidAmbassador, thanks for this opportunity, yes, Prof Hillman is brilliant.

Hi @Erica , yes indeed. He is brilliant, he leads the clinical trial I am on currently.

1 Like

As a participant of the Flair trial, I’m really sorry I missed this event. I don’t suppose it was recorded was it?

1 Like

Hi @AJC, a great big welcome to our forum, a really good question perhaps @DavidAmbassador or @Alice_BloodCancerUK can answer it. Alternatively you can contact the Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 (10am-7pm Monday-Friday, and 10am-1pm Saturday and Sunday) or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk.
I look forward to hearing more about you.

To say I’m cheesed off I missed the CLL talk is an understatement, I’m spitting feathers. I have a couple of questions.

1. Has the FLAIR trial finished or is it a longer term trial?
  2. Can CLL patients with Inflammatory Arthritis take part in the FLAIR Trial? I asked the Cancer Research UK nurse coordinating things in Dorset but she didn’t know.
    If anyone knows or it was spoken about can you let me know.
    Thanks, Ade.
2 Likes

Hi @Billy1mate, sorry I cannot help but @DavidAmbassador might be able to.

@Billy1mate and @AJC this event was streamed live on Facebook so you can see the recording here -

Also, @Billy1mate, this webpage from CLLSA may help answer your questions - Important announcement on the UK FLAIR trial - CLL Support Association

(and the eligibility criteria is on this page - Lymphoma Action | FLAIR: a randomised phase 3 trial comparing treatments containing ibrutinib with standard first treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL)) Have you asked your consultant whether you might be eligible?

1 Like

Hi Alice, thank you for the links, I remember now why I missed it, I’m not on Facebook so that is my mistake. My consultant haematologist suggested the FLAIR trial, I am currently watch and wait and the longer that lasts the better.

2 Likes