CT Scan Results

My doc was pleased to advise by letter that the results of my CT Scan on 12 Nov show no significant swelling of any internal lymph nodes and therefore the Watch and Wait policy is definitely the way to go with my leukaemia at this stage. The nodes he could feel in my neck during his examination on 8th Nov, remain the most swollen. My WCC on that day was 79, slightly lower than the July fig of 83. The out of range white cell count that first identified a problem was 23 in Oct 2018. My doc has booked a virtual appointment with me on 3rd January.

Horsetrent

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the update @Horsetrent. Good to know CT was positive.
How are you feeling about things? :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you Nicola 75, I’m feeling more relaxed about my Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) than before the scan. My diagnosis is now in its 6th year and the consultants finding on the 8th November is my first indication that I’m not a fraud. I do have an illness that will no doubt deteriorate, but for the time being my lifestyle is unaffected, apart from a recognition that my immune system is no longer 100%. The full body MOT of the CT provided assurances re the overall condition of my other organs.
My consultant is keeping in his clinic which I’m pleased about. My wife and I are now very much looking forward to joining our cruise ship on Monday.

Horsetrent

4 Likes

Oh @Horsetrent that sounds good for me and also that you will be monitored regularly.
Perhaps join your cruise ship and really enjoy yourselves.
Look after yourselves and please do keep posting

2 Likes

A good result for you Horsetrent, enjoy your Xmas,

We have to grab every piece of good news we can. In the hope that it remains good. :grinning:

4 Likes