End of remission?

I hear where you’re coming from @Catcher. They don’t listen to what patients are telling them about how they’re feeling. There’s a one size fits all approach and if you diverge from that tough. My GP (who at the time was an excellent one) wrote them a furious letter for the way that they treated me and they just said “well that’s the established protocol of how we treat people”. I hope you’re able to get some action on this. Older people have a right to enjoy life as much as younger people.

3 Likes

You’ve had some bad experiences between the two of you @AnnC76. At best it’s sloppy but really it’s just incompetent and badly managed. When I was an inpatient I had meds in both the morning and evening and I was being shipped off to a different hospital every day for radiotherapy. The duty nurse for the evening didn’t give me my morning meds as it would have delayed his leaving on time and he also didn’t tell the morning staff before he went. He just signed my drug chart to say he’d given them to me. When I queried it later, the morning staff said that they had to go by what was on my record and they couldn’t give them to me because they had to believe he was telling the truth. Yes I can feel myself getting fired up again just thinking about all of my experiences!

4 Likes

Hi @Catcher you are certainly not expendable on here, I look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi @AnnC76 no need to apologise for what you thought was a ramble/rant, it is so valid and as they say ‘better out than in’, if we cannot say what we really feel on here where can you. As you can tell we understand.
How are you both now?

2 Likes

Hi @AnnC76 and @Catcher - it’s good to heart Tom you both and as @Erica says, this is the place to get things of your chest. I really hope you both get the answers you need, sooner rather than later x

3 Likes

How are you keeping @GrandmaJo?

1 Like

@Franko so sorry to hear you have experienced such poor response from the GP and healthcare professionals. Agree that you should persist, although you shouldn’t have to. I have to say my GPs have been fantastic as I have seen them more often during this pandemic than normally and they have been fantastic. So would not want all GPs to be tarred with the same brush. So I would keep going back to your Macmillan nurse and insist someone sees you. Good luck. Joan

3 Likes

Thanks Joan. I know not all GP’s are bad. I had a fantastic one 3 years ago when I was diagnosed but have had to move since then. As for a Macmillan nurse, I haven’t got one. I was assigned one at my diagnosis but I saw her for all of two minutes ever. She never answered her email and the contact number she gave me was unobtainable. I’ve had that she moved on but they never gave me anyone to replace her. I rang the help number for my Haematology Department which is the 24 hour contact in case of illness and they told me it was nothing to do with them.

3 Likes

I really feel for you @Franko
How have you been this week?

1 Like

@Franko how are you doing now, I’ve been thinking of you.

1 Like

I was wondering too

Is there anyone that could advocate for you when speaking to medical professions that can be persuasive

I’m sad to read this is happening

3 Likes

Less pain but I can feel something’s not right. The blood test booking line have stopped answering their phone. You have to leave your number on their website for a phone back. They didn’t bother ringing back. I had to go to the hospital phlebotomy today for my bloods for my rescheduled Zometa and I’d had enough so I asked them if they’d do both tests and luckily they agreed or I don’t know what I would have done. Phlebotomy seems to be the only helpful department at Lewisham hospital.

2 Likes

Well that was very lucky. Must be a bit of a relief getting them done at last. Do the results go back to your GP?

2 Likes

Hi @Franko good thinking asking the Phlebotomy at Lewisham to do 2 tests, if you don’t ask you do not get, good for them and you, please let us know how the results go.

2 Likes

Hi @Franko, pleased that you have at least got some blood tests done and the pain has reduced a little. X

3 Likes

Thanks @Lyn99 . @Nichola75 I’m assuming the results will end up with my GP but we’re in unchartered waters as normally this wouldn’t be necessary.

3 Likes

That is absolutely awful. I do hope that you get it sorted quickly. Have you spoken to your CNS?

3 Likes

Everything crossed again @Franko :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Can you get access to the patient portals at the hospital and your GP? Results are posted on those far quicker than waiting for a call.
Sending a hug Franko x

2 Likes

Hi @Lally I haven’t got a CNS. I had one briefly when I was diagnosed but I never ever saw her. The contact number she gave me was unobtainable and she never answered her email. The one time I got to ask her a question, she just told that I should ask my doctor and walked away. I’ve heard that she left but they never gave me a replacement.

2 Likes