Feeling very tired

Hi all

I have seen my GP again after the initial bombshell that I have blood cancer in the very early stages. She went into more detail with me and it is now clearer in my head. She said that the lymphocyte count is 7.2 and the film is showing abnormalities- they are 90% sure it is Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL).

I have also had Fibromyalgia for many years than I can count so am no stranger to tiredness and fatigue that comes out of the blue.

The thing on my mind at the moment is that I have been experiencing more tiredness recently (and long before the diagnosis) and am wondering if even at such an early stage the changes in my blood cells could be affecting my energy levels?

Has anyone experienced this? I have also had quite a lot of stress in my life since the diagnosis which I am sure is contributing - they say things come in threes - it was four for me! Two resolved , two on the slow boil.

I am just feeling rather fed up with this almost constant lack of energy. Also waiting for an appointment to see a haematologist.

Can anyone offer any insight please?

With many thanks x

2 Likes

Hi @Crazycatlady a very good question, we are such complex beings, and everything that you have said are in the mix and for me what personally stresses me is a big contributor.
So my answer is that I just do not know the answer and especially for you.
What stresses me perhaps wouldn’t stress you.
However I recently have had heart problems diagnosed and I know I am more fatigued over the last 6 mths.
So perhaps the extra fatigue bit is the heart problems, I don’t know.
I wish I could be more help and perhaps you could help me with the answer.
I have trouble destressing my life or even pacing myself.
Be kind to yourself and take care

1 Like

Thanks Erica. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems too. I try to pace myself but just get fed up with constantly feeling tired. I have started using a free app called Visible to track my symptoms and also manage my fatigue levels. Not sure at the moment if it’s any help …

1 Like