Hi new here, partner has TPLL diagnosed in March 2021

Hi everyone, my partner has been diagnosed with TPLL and has just finished his first round of Campath treatment. We are both still in shock about the diagnosis and struggling at times. Feeling very sad xxx

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this @Hikerchick I can only imagine what a worrying time this must be for you both. Really hope that his treatment is going as well as it can for him. Our support line is here for you if you want to talk things through - the number is 0808 2080 888. How are you both coping at the moment?
A warm welcome to this community, I do hope you find a source of support at this tough time.

2 Likes

Hi @Hikerchick and welcome to the forum. I glad you have found us, but sorry you find yourself in this situation.
I can’t comment on your partners particular diagnosis but know how we all experience a roller coaster of emotions post diagnosis. I remember both myself and my husband feeling that sadness - I could feel it in my chest - it’s a natural reaction.
I hope you have a supportive medical team and family and friends to help?
This forum is invaluable as sometimes it really helps to share with those that understand. As @Alice_BloodCancerUK said, the support line is there if you need it.
Please keep posting. It will me nice to find out more about you both :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Hikerchick as @Alice_BloodCancerUK and @Nichola75 have said a great big welcome to our forum and I am so glad that you have found us.
Covid times must make a diagnosis and treatment so much more complex.
You and your partner must be in complete shock and it is so natural to have so many thoughts and emotions and be struggling and very sad.
I think that really being able to talk honestly with each other about how it is for you is a great support.
You have the support line details above if you would like to talk to someone and we are here for you to share how it really is for you. I remember how I was at diagnosis, there is so much waiting and not knowing and this new medical language.
I would say, if your partner feels up to it, to try and do enjoyable things together, spoil yourselves, shock takes a long while to calm down, you are both doing so well. And of course keep posting.

2 Likes

Hi @Hikerchick
I’m not familiar with your partners diagnosis either but welcome to this friendly forum :slight_smile:

I was offered counselling a couple of weeks after my diagnosis. Unfortunately I couldn’t attend at the time due to sickness and the fast rate of treatment etc but…… I did ask for help after all treatment was done as I felt lost and not sure where I belonged
The best thing I have ever done was asking for help.
My local hospice has mindfulness sessions although not sure how it works since Covid
Have a look for local cancer therapies
A bit of self love is needed be that in the form of Yoga, meditation.

Most of all keep talking to each other try not to avoid the bits we don’t like talking about
Take each day as it comes
Write down any questions that arise
Be careful googling use reliable sources

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your comments and support. I’m glad I’ve found this place xx

3 Likes

Really glad you found this community. May I ask how your partner’s first round of treatment went and how you’re both doing this week?

3 Likes

Hi @Alice_BloodCancerUK, Bernards first round of treatment went well but sadly after a short break his leukaemia became more aggressive. On Thursday last week they decided there was nothing more that they could offer, he came home Friday and passed away in the early hours of Monday morning x

3 Likes

@Hikerchick
There are no words just know your in my thoughts today :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Hi @Hikerchick, we’re so sorry to hear of your loss and can only imagine what you are going through. If we can be of any support please do reach out to us. We are always here for you if you would like to talk about your feelings and what you are going through on 0808 2080 888.

Take care of yourself.
Bav

3 Likes