Hodgkin Lymphoma-Skin Itching HL

I have recently been diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma and I have itching all over my body. I wondered if anyone had had this problem before and managed to find a successful way of stopping it. Thanks for your help. Kevin

3 Likes

Check this out

2 Likes

Hi Kevin, as you can see i have sent you a link to a site which I thought might be useful to you. I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis and I hope your treatment is going well. I have a different blood cancer called primary plasma cell leukemia, no I’d never heard of it either and apparently no one on any cancer forum has it !!! I would be interested to hear about how you are getting on if it’s something you feel comfortable talking about.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this. When my son was coming off treatment for ALL he had a horrendous rash all
over his torso for months. A friend who had breast cancer reccomended Eurax cream which worked wonders for him.

2 Likes

Hi Kevin. I don’t think anybody who hasn’t had this sort of rash can appreciate how awful it is. I also had HL diagnosed 11 years ago, and had many months before it was actually diagnosed. I had many creams and tablets from GP and a couple of months before diagnosis I came away with 7 prescriptions after seeing a dermatologist! Warm/cool baths with Oilatum helped, and I also used E45 lotion to keep my skin moisturised. When itching was at its worst I would rub ice wrapped in a flannel over the area. Wear lose clothing wear possible, and try to keep cool.
You do not say if you have started treatment, but I had to have a tumour removed before starting ABVD, and was horrified to find that a couple of days later there were little black dots covering my hospital bedsheet, and then after my first bath there was a black ring. This was my rash leaving the body and I was left with beautiful soft skin again. I’m not saying that this is how you will be affected as each case is different.
I think you will find quite a lot of patient stories on the Bloodwise website. If you have any questions please ask, and let us know how you get on. Best wishes

2 Likes

Hi Kevin Not me but ,my husband was diagnosed with NHL, early 2018, and got “all clear” Oct 2018 suffered with itchy skin, even on his ankles. He stopped using shower wash/soaps and used Aquerous Cream instead, still continues to use this every day, and his problem eventually cleared up. It isn’t expensive to buy a large 500g tub from the big Retailers such as Asda/JS/Home Bargains and is much cheaper the E45 Cream. He still uses this daily and no soaps. Worth giving it a try for yourself. Good luck with your treatment Rita

3 Likes

I had terrible skin itching when I was going through treatment for AML. Someone told me to use Udderly Smooth moisturising cream and it was amazing. It’s not cheap but it definitely worked for me.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-rev1&source=android-browser&q=udder+cream#lbl=OVERVIEW&pie=plaji-i

2 Likes

Hello Kevin…
I suffered with itching after my chemotherapy for AML… it did go away eventually and was yet another side effect of the treatment. I was given antihistamines by my Doctor. Have you spoken to your consultant about it? I’m sure they would be able to give you something, either medication or a topical steroid to help…

1 Like

How are you doing @Kevin, in the months since you were diagnosed? I hope you are okay, if you have questions or worries or need to talk, then we are here.