How are people coping with the heat?

Glad it was all safe and secure at your doctors! Hopefully weather will cool in the next few days - fingers crossed x

2 Likes

Hi @Pisces56 so sorry didn’t realise that you had all of that to contend with. It sounds at least as though your appointment was well handled. I’m waiting to hear of the next one goes ahead as it’s next Thursday. Hope you get good news.

1 Like

No worries. Lucky to still be here, and confounded the medics. Nothing was straightforward during my relationship with HL, and I think I must like living on the edge. Even had to have emergency appendectomy as lockdown started, and then spent a month on antibiotics due to an infection

2 Likes

Hi @Franko, please let us know how you get on next Thursday. Take care.

1 Like

I phoned them this morning to ask what was going on and they claimed to have sent me a text which I didn’t get. It will be another telephone consultation but this time I do have to go in for a blood test so there’ll at least be some point to doing it. They seem to have changed their procedures, as before I used to do the bloods on the day of the appointment and now they’ve said I have to do them several days in advance which means that I have to go in tomorrow as that’s the only day I can possibly fit it in. Usual great organisation…

1 Like

Oh no. It sounds as if the health authority could do with a big shake up. My husband is undergoing investigations at the moment, and it seems as if no stone is being left unturned. The hospital even arranged tests from 2 depts at the same time last week. Next week he has to go in for two tests, and both are being done the same morning. He had a letter with one lot of results from last week, and has a telephone consult about the others next week.
I really hope that blood test and consult go well for you, and that you can have a bit of a rest from it all

1 Like

Yes @Franko, please let us know your experiences.

Poor organisation is t it! I am glad you are having your bloods though. Good to keep a check. Let us know what that experience is like.

2 Likes

@Franko
Hi Franko, I hope you’re okay? it does sound like so much went on there, but hope you’re feeling okay now and that you have a bit more clarity. And if you haven’t been already, I do hope your appointment went okay.

2 Likes

I have the dripping hair and then my charming, overly long and unstyled hair, goes completely wild. My husband cuts the back and I chop the front. Oh for a hairdresser’s appointment but I fear that is a long way off. X

1 Like

I do sympathise. I now have long, wavy grey/white hair, which is too short to tie back, and too long to style. It is also thinning on top…a look that a rock star could get away with, but not ideal for this Granny

1 Like

I don’t know why I expected more but my appointment was probably less than a minute worth of phone conversation. My consultant showed his usual amount of concern i.e none. Just the bloods are ok and we’ll leave it for another 3 months. My life is in his hands but I really don’t trust him to notice if the cancer comes back and to act upon it. He seems to be interested in doing as little as possible and it was exactly the same when I was an inpatient and having chemo.

Hi @Franko, you really don’t seem happy with your consultant and I can imagine that’s hard, . Can you ask to be transferred to another?

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you have such a disinterested consultant. I had a fantastic team and my consultant became more of a friend, always asking about what I had been doing, and my volunteering with Bloodwise. He made sure I was referred to dermatology, ENT and cardiology when it was needed. My husband is undergoing various procedures and having phone consultations at the moment, and he can’t fault them (although we are still in the dark as to what his problems are). I don’t know what you could do short of asking for a transfer.

2 Likes

@Franko I hope you’re okay Franko, it does sound like this caused you so much anxiety and I’m so sorry to hear of the impact this has had on you emotionally too.
As a couple of our other lovely forum members have brought up, asking for a transfer could be an option to think about Franko.
Is this something you’d like to talk a bit more about with us? and as you know, you’re also always welcome to contact the support line too.

Look after yourself and please do keep reaching out

3 Likes