Husband diagnosed with CLL

Hi, just joined the forum as my husband was diagnosed with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) at the beginning of January this year. He doesn’t have symptoms currently, it was an incidental finding following blood tests for chronic chest infections due to COPD.

2 Likes

@Lavinia
Welcome to this motley crew of misfits with such a variant of conditions and experience. So many cancer diagnosis, not just BC’s are found when looking at other symptoms/blood readings.

3 Likes

Hi @Lavinia welcome to our forum.
I also have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), I was diagnosed whilst having treatment under a gynaecologist.
I was 53 yrs old, I have been on watch and wait (active monitoring) for 20 yrs and life is good today and I manage the symptoms…
I would definitely have been in shock at your stage and I felt in a bubble with the world going on around me.
Probably you and your husband will be going through various fears, thoughts, feelings and practicalities.
You might both deal with these differently and there is no right or wrong way.
Some people like to research information, others don’t
I attach the information on Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) from the Blood Cancer UK website
Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) - what is it, symptoms and treatment | Blood Cancer UK
and the Blood Cancer UK support line is also there for you both on 0808 2080 888
I look forward to hearing more about you both, be kind and look after yourself

3 Likes

Thanks so much Erica :slightly_smiling_face: I am so pleased to learn that the Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) is under control for you

2 Likes