If you had the opportunity, would you be interested in taking part in a clinical trial?

Would you take part in a clinical trial?
  • Yes, definitely
  • I’m not sure
  • No, probably not

0 voters

3 Likes

Once you’ve answered the poll, let us know why you’ve given your response :point_down:

2 Likes

I guess answered positively to this as I would be keen to see what options are, particularly as I have Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) which is currently classified as incurable, although fortunately currently lower risk and manageable. I sometimes, however, have challenging side effects from the treatment I am on so the possibility of getting alternative treatments that had fewer side effects would definitely be desirable. Also possible treatments that could eradicate the condition would, obviously, be very much of interest.

I wouldn’t have any concerns about being involved in a clinical trial as I have every confidence that these are conducted in a safe and professional manner and I would not be put at risk and any possible adverse reactions would be properly monitored.

4 Likes

I have myeloma and my old consultant told me the next line of treatment I could be suitable for Car T Cell therapy
At the moment I believe it’s only available via a trial
Trials are great I think to give something back to help find new treatments

5 Likes

When I need second line treatment I’d like to try and avoid more chemotherapy , so would be interested in any trial of new immunotherapy or other treatment (probably wouldn’t do a phase 1 trial over standard therapy for second line but would definitely consider a phase 2 or 3 trial). I’d also like the choice of not having to have 2 standard lines of treatment before being eligible for a trial.

5 Likes

Hi @CaroleCW, thank you for getting involved in the discussion. If you ever wanted to discuss your options when it comes to treatment on a clinical trial, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our trials support service. How our Clinical Trials Support Service can help you | Blood Cancer UK, and we’ll do our best to help.

4 Likes

Hello @2DB, Yes I’m afraid you are correct, as of May 2023, CAR-T therapy for Myeloma is only accessible via clinical trials. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about clinical trials, and yes, it is a wonderful way to give something back whilst also helping to advance the development of new treatments.

3 Likes