I'm 34 and just been diganosed with Myeloma

Hi @Anita I started out at 5 ft 5 in and I am now less than 5 ft.
My hubby is 6 ft so I look very short beside him.
Also it is really annoying trying to get things down from kitchen shelves etc.
I have got a lovely little owl stool (from a local charity shop) and we are inseparable, it is so useful.
I also cannot reach my top oven.
Cutting through things like a red cabbage or swede is difficult as I need the height to press down with my knife, the knife just gets jammed in the vegetable.
Clothes wise it is skirt lengths that are too long now.
My boobs are just above my waist !!!
I hope this helps you in some way

Erica
Thanks for the info, not sure it’s made me happy though. If I lose 5” I shall disappear!
Regards
Anita

1 Like

I have lost height
I was 168cm I’m 166 now
I hadn’t noticed but my kids kept saying I was shrinking

Are you having melphalan ? I lost my hair within the week and I kept my eyebrows my eyelashes broke off and were stubby
My legs were the only place that stayed hairy

2 Likes

Hi
Thanks for the info. When my hair does start to fall out a nurse at the hospital has already volunteered to shave it off. She has done it many times before for other patients so I trust her implicitly. I take ondansetron if I feel nauseous which at the moment is very rare.
I am having a picc line inserted tomorrow so it’s all systems go for chemo and stem cell transplant early next week.
Please all keep in touch - my family are great but none of them thankfully have had to go through this treatment so your support and advice are really appreciated.
Anita x

5 Likes

Hi @Anita. It’s sounds like things are really moving now. I’m so glad you find so much support in the forum. We will all definitely stay in touch and you keep us updated whenever you feel able to X

2 Likes

Oh @Anita, it really is all systems go and don’t you worry your forum family are right there with you all the way.
Let us know how the picc line insertion goes and when and how your head shaving goes.
Perhaps keep a daily diary.
Sending you loads of support.

2 Likes

Good luck with the picc line tomorrow, @Anita. I didn’t find that uncomfortable or anything.

A nurse also did my hair for me, pretty soon into things. It was a relief to see it all go in one fell swoop rather than in slow handfuls, to be honest. And when I was ill from the chemo, I was grateful not to have hair washing, drying and styling to worry about - I just wanted to sleep.

Of course we’ll keep in touch! Just give us a shout when you’d like to chat or ask anything. X

2 Likes

@Anita , my eyelashes went .

1 Like