Impact of Stress on CLL

Evening

I have been offered a couple of work opportunities that in normal circumstances I would have jumped at and put a considerable amount of effort into but I am now wondering if the increased stress will be detrimental to my Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL).

Is there any research or information on the impact of stress on chances of Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) developing to the point of needing treatment?

I am currently on Watch and Wait and often forget all about the diagnosis I got 2 years ago. While my readings are increasing they are far off the point of needing treatment just yet but I want to ensure that point stays as far off as possible.

Any thoughts or links to articles/advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

1 Like

Hi @Birnam, very interesting.
I also have Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) and ever since my diagnosis, 20 yrs ago, I have been on ‘watch and wait’ (active monitoring).
I always think that I do not deal with what personally stresses me well since my diagnosis, it all gets too much and my fatigue sets in.
Over the years I have got to know myself and how I tick a lot better. That has also enlightened me retrospectively over my life and I realise that I have always been stressed about not being good enough and being judged.
Also although I have had high powered roles I am most comfortable and I believe good at being a right hand person.
I think to answer your question I have never been concerned that stress will or has affected my bloods, but I do not personally put myself into a situation that will stress me, if possible. but because of my fatigue more that anything.
I will copy your post to Blood Cancer UK in case they have any information @BloodCancerUK
Thanks for raising this and I await others thoughts
Take care of yourself and please do keep posting