Just diagnosed Follicular Lymphoma

Hi all , I’ve just been diagnosed with follicular Lymphoma. I’ve been unwell since May … not able to eat any solid food , I have liquids only , otherwise I have awful pain and wind burping +++. I am exhausted. The general surgeon feels the lymphoma is not causing these symptoms. I am seeing a haematology tomorrow , anyone had anything similar ?

1 Like

Hi @wyeth a great big welcome to our forum, I am so glad that you have found us.
No, I have a different blood cancer, but many of us share similar thoughts, feelings and practicalities.
If you are seeing hematology tomorrow, it just gives you time to write down your symptoms, their severity and impact on your life.
Also your medical history, medications, family history etc.
Then all the questions you want answers too.
You are entering a world of medical terminologies so do ask for clarifications.
The reason I say to write everything down is as soon as I enter a medical facility my mind goes blank.
Take lots of care and please let us know how you get om

1 Like

Hi @wyeth, thank you for reaching out, however I’m so sorry to hear you’ve just been diagnosed after feeling unwell for so long. If you would like to talk to one of our nurses before (or after) your appointment tomorrow, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 0808 2080 888. Best wishes, Kate

1 Like

Hi @wyeth. I was diagnosed with follicular lymphoma five years ago and am now on watch and wait. However, I didn’t have any symptoms. Each journey is different and symptoms often vary.
I would suggest you write down all of your questions ready for tomorrow. Are you able to take somebody with you as often it’s a lot to take in.
Please let us know how you get on tomorrow. You’ll be in my thoughts x

1 Like

Been thinking about you today @wyeth. How did it go? X

1 Like

Hi @wyeth I have been thinking of you and I just wondered how you are getting on now?
Look after yourself