Low Neutrophils and On Pegasus

I started taking 45mcg Pegusus 12 weeks ago and my Neutrophils have dropped below 1. My Haemotologist has moved me onto bi-weekly injections. I was wondering if anyone knows of worthwhile supplements/ vitamins that help boost Neutrophil production.
I really would like to stay on Pegasus.

1 Like

Hi @DougyW thanks for the update on your treatments.
This is a very personal reply and certainly not a medical one.
I would say that if there were supplements/ vitamins that help boost neutrophil production they would make a fortune. A balanced nutritious diet and plenty of fluids, As I said this is a personal reply.
However I will copy your post to the Blood Cancer UK nurses @BloodCancerUK_Nurses for you. Please do keep posting how you are doing and take lots of special care of yourself

2 Likes

Dear @DougyW
Thank you for posting. How are you feeling on the Pegasys?
Sadly there is no diet that support your immune system but as Erica suggested, a balanced diet is sensible. We do have our Eating well with blood cancer booklet | Blood Cancer UK Shop which is a great resource when neutropenic. Our webpages on Blood cancer and food: your questions | Blood Cancer UK may also be helpful.
Do give us a call if you would like to talk anything through: Blood cancer information and support by phone and email | Blood Cancer UK
Kind regards
Gemma

4 Likes

Thanks Gemma. Apart from a little itchy skin, which is easily managed, Pegasus has been fine for me. Ive gone to bi-weekly injections now to try and get my Neutrophils to recover. Heres hoping.

4 Likes