Lymphocyte

Thank you so much for the information. I received a call with an appointment. Although it’s not within 2 weeks but 3. I’ve spoken to various private hospitals and I can’t get an earlier appointment so it sounds like everyone has the same idea ! Just a quick question about Lymphocytes on blood checks. I’ve a copy of my blood test here and am struggling to get my head around it. It says my total white cell count is 25.8 and Lymphocyte count 18.8. Red cells 3.28. The notes at the top say Lymphocytosis with smear cells present. Likely lymphoproliferative disorder. My haematology appointment is almost 2 weeks away. Can anyone recognise and understand these figures. All I know is they are to high and the Dr is concerned its a blood cancer. Again, thank you :pray:

3 Likes

Hi @Nik I have responded to your other post.

2 Likes

I was diagnosed with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) with P17 deletion.
Generally Lymphocytes should be in the range 1.0 to 4.0. It really depends on the number that are retained in your glands as these don’t show up on your blood tests. Originally mine were around 15 and when I started on zanubrutinib the Lymphocytes shot up to about 80 as they were released from my glands. I was also put on to Zanubrutinib which I am still on. The good news is that the Lymphocytes have stabilised at the low end of normal. Furthermore a recent bone Marrow Biopsy showed no sign of Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) or P17 deletion.

2 Likes

Hi John. Thanks for giving me all that information. It’s so complicated!!! I suppose I will find out and hopefully get answers in a couple odd weeks. I am going to have to make lots of notes to try and understand all these specific terms ! Hope your doing ok and thank you.

1 Like

Helpful information re release from glands.

1 Like

Hi Nick, I’m in a similar position to you. Got my Haematology appt on the 9th. My Lymphocyte count is above the reference range - I’ve been feeling something isn’t right for 21 months and have finally got somewhere - Somewhere I probably would rather not be.

1 Like

Hi @Nik If you don’t understand anything at your appointment please do ask for for it to be put in layman’s terms, Medical people speak another language, medical speak.
Perhaps write all your questions down in readiness.
Look after yourself and please keep posting

Hi. It’s the not knowing that’s difficult for me. I’m sure once I know I will feel better. It’s knowing exactly what and when to plan things. Especially with a family and the holidays coming up. Fingers crossed both our appointments go ahead x

2 Likes

Yes, @Nik it really is the not knowing isn’t it, feeling out of control of the way forward and family plans is horrible.
Whoever said patience is a virtue, well I am not a patient patient !!!
Yes fingers and toes crossed for you and @BiffBoff
Look after yourselves

1 Like

Hi Nick, how are you progressing?

Please share your thoughts.

1 Like

Hi. I got a diagnosis. Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). I’ve an appointment now on Saturday for a scan of my spleen. I’m guessing after those results I will know more about if I need treatment or be on watch and wait. I’m still getting used to it really. I’ve stopped reading and to be honest feel a little numb about it. I feel like I’ve accepted it but I’m living life totally ignorant to it. Almost rebellion, if that makes sense. We’ve had a family holiday. Im eating and drinking all the wrong things and organising my life. It’s a strange feeling. Thank you for asking x

1 Like

Oh @Nik join the club, I have had Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) for 19 yrs and always been on watch and wait, I am a very lucky girl.
You described my thoughts and feelings swirling around inside me at diagnosis, and yes, often conflicting, almost rebellion.
I actually felt like trying to pull the Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) out of me and I felt in a bubble with the world going on about me.
Yep, I came home and tried to organise my life, my will and funeral music etc.
glad you are having a scan on your spleen on Saturday.
Just give yourself time to try and make sense of it all.
The Blood Cancer UK support line and website are there for you, there is a lot of information and the support line is on 0808 2080 888.
Please do keep us updated and look after and be very kind to yourself.