Merry Christmas and a Happy New year

Hi to you all…
I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a merry Christmas and a Happy New year. :christmas_tree::santa::snowman_with_snow:
All the best from
Cliff Lauri :snowman_with_snow:

5 Likes

Thank you Cliff, and the same to you. I think we could all do with some better health as well. Does the 1960 in your name mean that you have an extra special birthday next year??

2 Likes

Haha yes, the big 60 :blush: I never thought I’d reach this milestone :kissing_heart:.

2 Likes

I’m going for the big 70, exciting, eh.

2 Likes

@Clilau1960 Hi Cliff, thank you for your lovely wishes, the very same to you :slight_smile: and @Erica and @Clilau1960 Happy birthday to you both in advance :grin: hope you both have some nice plans for them? :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi Su and @Clilau1960, my plans are - as opposed to saying ‘Oh, I don’t know’, I have said
No surprises
No party
A meal with family
I have been asked what I want from family for presents and I have said
A new Walkman (my other one is worn out)
A DVD player for the bedroom (a bit of luxury)
A globe (my geography is sadly lacking)
An electric toothbrush (to try and avoid oral infections)
Finally
A few days away in this country in the summer
My diagnosis certainly has meant I have looked at myself and my needs !!!
Follow that, Cliff

2 Likes

Great birthday plans @Erica! good to see you treating yourself, why not! :grin: the meal with your family sounds nice! do you usually go out for a meal or is it more of a get together at home? either way, sounds lovely! :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy Christmas to you all. @Clilau1960 @Erica @SuBloodcancerUK

Cliff, I didn’t think I would reach 60, but when I did I arranged a party at a local hotel as a special thank you for family and friends for being there for me, and raised £700+ for Bloodwise.
Erica it is G’s 70th in May, and we will be on Loch Ness on the day.
Whatever 2020 brings, celebrate each day xx

3 Likes

That’s so lovely to read Louise :blush: and thank you so much for raising that money for us :+1: :grinning:
and Happy Birthday to your husband in advance! Enjoy Loch Ness!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas too all!! :blush::blush:

4 Likes

And festive greetings to you too and everyone on our community forum. Let’s hope 2020 is a healthy and happy one for us all.

4 Likes

Happy Christmas everybody. Hope you all have a relaxing time over the festive season and have some quality time with your friends and families.

All the best,

Peter

3 Likes

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to everyone!!

Thank you for all for the advice and support I’ve received off you all this year. I’m so glad support groups like this exist.

It’s been a tough year…roll on 2020!! Cheers :clinking_glasses:

1. List item

xx

5 Likes

I’d also like to thank everyone for all the support and advice. Things would be a lot tougher without this group. So far only me and my dog up but I’ve been making waffles. Maybe that will wake my teenage sons!

7 Likes

Looking forward to chatting with you all next year. Trying not to be the first to nod off. I have read a book with over 200 pages with my 5 yr old granddaughter. The men prepared a beautiful dinner. My grandson was getting exasperated with me as I didn’t understand something he said and we all burst out laughing when he said “Are you deaf or something?” and then he realised what he had said, because I am :rofl: Happy Christmas everyone

6 Likes

I hope you have all had a joyful Christmas and can relax as a new year creeps up on us! Don’t forget the support services are available all normal over the Xmas & New Year period, expect weekends and bank holidays!

5 Likes