MGUS and asymptomatic/ smouldering. lucky yet feeling lost!

Your worry is very understandable @Clovy14. I at least only have to think about myself. We all understand the waiting game on these forums so please let us know how you get on.

1 Like

Hi sorry I haven’t seen the notifications until today.
I returned to work in July and have been working since. I was lucky enough to be able to work from home during the lock down earlier this year from
Christmas until the schools went back. It was much harder this time having to juggle work and homeschooling i def didn’t appreciate it when I was just off sick and home schooling. Anyway we got through it. I had a further haematology apt and am now on annual check ups still with the haematologist. Have since been diagnosed with fibromyalgia due to the continuing pain and fatigue that the haematologist doesn’t feel is associated to mgus. I’m doing ok. I def have a little Heath anxiety due to mgus but for the most part and def around bloods time it’s nerve wracking

2 Likes

Hi @Jenwren_78, yes, Covid times have certainly brought us all challenges, very luckily home schooling wasn’t one of mine.
I agree with you about the heightened anxiety around all medical tests and appointments.
Look after yourself and very good to hear from you.

Hi Jenwren_78 hope your well. I too have been diagnosed with MGUS, three years now and have been stable :blush:. I have peripheral neuropathy and joint pain s which haematologist doesn’t think is connected but now have been feeling very fatigued. I also have an underactive thyroid and recently diagnosed with haemochromatosis so not sure what is the cause. Hope you feel better soon and to let you know you’re not alone.

1 Like

Hi @Dottydogwalker a great big welcome and you are not alone either.
I have a different blood cancer but I also have peripheral neuropathy, fatigue and a family history of underactive thyroid and deficiencies. I have un underactive thyroid myself.
Very personally (not medically trained) I think one condition can make us more susceptible to certain other conditions.
I look forward to hearing more from you, take lots of care.

1 Like

Hi Erica, hope you’re well and thanks for replying. Hope you’re neuropathy isn’t too painful , and was it caused with chemo. Do you have any advice as to alleviate the burning sensation. I’ve tried medication from my gp but it didn’t really help, just made me feel spaced out.

1 Like

Hi @Dottydogwalker My neuropathy is not caused by chemo as I haven’t had any.
It has caused permanent numbness, but also tingling in my toes, I just live with it.
It was caused by the shingles which I got in 2013 and the shingles flares up if I overdo it emotionally, physically, practically or by what personally stresses me and can flare up anywhere in my body.
I have not dealt with stress well since diagnosis.
I hate medication that makes me feel spaced out or makes me constipated !!

1 Like

So sorry to hear that. I didn’t know shingles could cause it.

1 Like