Moment of the Month!

This amazing man, still smiling despite having 9 teeth removed due to late effects of image chemo.

6 Likes

Wow, all of these #MomentoftheMonth posts have been amazing, the sad and happy ones are all wonderful examples of significant moments :heart_eyes:.

I have a few #Momentofthemonths but I think Iā€™ll go with booking our first holiday (Italy in the summer) after three years of treatment preventing travel. I canā€™t wait :grin: xx

5 Likes

My moment of the month was finally being offered a flat in a small Sheltered Accommodation block, after years of living in a poorly built uninsulated flat damp flat, with regular vermin infestation. The walls had mould growing on them and used to run with condensation every winter. The paint used to fall off the walls. In the depths of winter I resorted to sitting in a sleeping bag in the evening
I have to credit my Haematologist and local councillor for their help in getting me this far, my GP refused to help me.
My condition is unfortunately terminal, but at least I will be able to spend my last days in comfort.
The rent is far lower than my previous privately rented flat and includes heating and water.
For the first time in 12 years Iā€™ve felt warm 24/7.
I couldnā€™t be happierā€‹:ok_hand:t2::cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Thank you every one for sharing, we love reading them. Please continue to share!

1 Like

Thank you Erica! It was a night I wonā€™t forget in a hurry!

2 Likes

Emily is never far away, always guiding you in achieving more on that list she left you. You are amazing xx

2 Likes

That is great. Italy is my favourite holiday destination, and we are going to Lake Maggiorre as part of our ruby wedding celebration. It will probably be our last trip abroad as I canā€™t fly, and getting about is getting more problematic. Whereabouts are you going?

1 Like

A fantastic start to 2019. Good luck in your new home

1 Like

Ah that sounds lovely :heart_eyes: and very special. Weā€™re going to Rome, but Iā€™d love to explore more of Italy in the future xx

1 Like

Thank you Louise,
Iā€™m sure it will add quality if not quantity to the time I have left
Best wishes
Anthony

2 Likes

I was so happy to hear your news of your new living conditions. I myself grew up in a freezing cold house and have never stopped appreciating being warm and cosy in my home. When you are ill itā€™s so important to have the basic home comforts, and the idea that anyone should have to live in the conditions you describe is outrageous. It reminds me of the days of Rachmanisum which I thought died out decades ago. I am comforted by the fact that someone eventually stepped in to assist you and I send you a big hug to keep you warm :blush::blush:

1 Like

Thanks Alfie,
I was dreading spending another winter living in the previous accommodation.
This flat is absolute heaven.
I still canā€™t believe how lucky I am to get offered it.
Thanks for the hug :rose::rose:

1 Like

My moment of the month is really been the experiences after diagnosis, our best experience was definitely going to New York in 2017,and renewing our vows in June last year. Make lots of moments special.

2 Likes

Congratulations on renewing your vows, my husband is the reason I am still hanging in there!

3 Likes

I hope Andrew had a special treat after going through such an ordeal. Well done young man xx

1 Like

Congratulations on your engagement Dawn. I hope you will both be very happy xx

2 Likes

Our partners are so vital in spurring us on in this journey. Im glad you have someone to keep you going like i do. Kind regards.

2 Likes