MRI and biopsy - and psychosomatic pain?

It’s an emotional roller coaster isn’t it and I remember it so well. It did make me smile when you said you were in a pub. A good place to think but make sure you’re out by ten! On a serious note that’s a lot to take in isn’t it. How are the rest off your family? Just remember to take a day at a time. No right or wrong way to handle things. Cry, scream, laugh, whatever you need to do to get through and be well. We are all here to support you so keep sharing x

2 Likes

Hi Mark, yes, I think it is natural to have all the thoughts and feelings you describe and I expect a whole lot more. I think the unknown is scary, but relieving somehow to have a plan. I believe there is always hope in any situation, but I suppose what you are looking for is people that have gone down the road you are about to embark on.
We are all here to support you and don’t forget you can contact the wonderful Blood Cancer UK Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 10am-7pm Monday-Friday and 10am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk if you would like to talk.
Keep posting and treat yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the messages everyone. I start chemo - VTD? - on Friday. I haven’t been able to bring myself to read much about it yet. Have to have a tooth out on weds to do with the bone strengthening.
I’m feeling ok but scared and uncertain, mainly about covid at the moment. My timing is great eh!? I don’t know whether I should shield, whether my kids should go to school. It does feel like the govt is massively overlooking those of us in this position.

1 Like

Really hope the treatment goes well for you @md67, it’s so understandable that you haven’t been able to read much about it yet, I imagine it’s a lot to process! Do let us know how you get on if you feel up to it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Alice_BloodCancerUK - much appreciated. Mark

2 Likes

Hi @md67 What timing you have with us all being in Covid times and then having a tooth out on Wed. Your emotions, thoughts, questions and practicalities sound so natural.
It sounds as if you have lots of questions to as your medical team, I need to write them down otherwise I forget everything when I walk in the door.
We will be thinking of you on Friday and we are here to support you and give you the space to say what it is really like being you and the wonderful Blood Cancer UK support line is also there for you.
Take care and keep posting how things are going.

Thank you @Erica , the support from the forum is amazing and so helpful.
I’ve had a bad day today with the chemo nurse talking me through my regime. I don’t mind admitting I’m feeling very scared and wondering how I’m going to cope with it. The tooth tomorrow is part of the treatment - it’s to do with the bone strengthening injection I need to have. They need to make sure my dental health is good and the tooth which is coming out has early signs of decay.

1 Like

Hi @md67, it must have been a really scary day for you. and it is on this forum you can say that.
Yes, I had to have rather a lot of teeth out in 2006, and actually I have not had to have any dental work done ever since, just annual check ups, it’s saved me a fortune and also a lot of pain.
We are here for you and have you got any other support around you?

I actually found having a couple of teeth removed before radiotherapy really traumatic - funny isn’t it, the things that stick with you. It was just another thing that was being taken away from me!

2 Likes

Take it a day, half a day, an hour at a time. Will be thinking off you x

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I start my chemo - VDT? - today. I am feeling ok I guess and actually just keen to get on with it. But fearful too and uncertain.
My wife is keen for us to go away next week - from London to Frome in Somerset - and i must admit to being worried about it. I feel like I want to be in my own home and near the hospital but equally she and my sons do need some time away. I’m a bit stuck. I am going to talk to the chemo team today about it but any honest advice or thoughts here very welcome!
Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark, what a dilemma, but I can understand your feelings. Yes, starting chemo must be fearful and uncertain.
I am wondering if your wife really know how you feel?
Is this an expensive holiday that has been booked for a long time?
I know this is not what was planned but how would you all feel about you staying at home and your wife and children going on holiday?
Personally I think it is a good idea to speak to your chemo team and then talk to your wife and children.
Please let us know how you get on and we are here to support you and if you would like to talk you can contact the wonderful Blood Cancer UK Support Services Team on 0808 2080 888 10am-7pm Monday-Friday and 10am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday or via email at support@bloodcancer.org.uk. Take care of yourself.

Hi @Erica personally I think it would be best if my wife and the kids went and left me at home! I don’t mind that and they need the break, not least from me :slight_smile: But I don’t know if I am just being paranoid really.
Thanks so much for your response. I’m going to talk to the chemo team and my CNS about it.

1 Like

Hi @md67. I don’t think you are being paranoid at all and completely understand you want to be close to home at the moment. Talking to your team is a good idea. Sometimes its hard to put our own feelings first. I know I often feel like I’m letting people down. In the end it comes down to what you are comfortable with. X

2 Likes

Hi @md67. Just wondered how you are doing?

1 Like

Hi @, yes, please do let us know how you got on and are getting on?

1 Like