Negative covid test

It looks like i have managed another holiday without catching the dreaded covid! Just done a test 6 days after getting home from Cyprus. Paphos airport was very crowded and our flight was delayed. I was quite concerned but we managed to get into the premium lounge to escape the chaos. Well worth the 60 euros.
This was our 4th holiday this year. I feel as if things are slowly getting back to normal.
Out with the grandkids today.

7 Likes

Hi @ilivesunshine. I’m glad everything went smoothly. Airports do seem to be crazy at the moment! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Do you have another holiday planned? :blush:

1 Like

We have nothing booked until February. A cruise, 80 days around the world. I must admit i am very apprehensive about being in a confined space for so long. We may cancel. When we booked we thought covid would be over

1 Like

Oh @ilivesunshine yes, I expect airports seem scary, crowded spaces and I am so glad that you are Covid negative.
I honestly cannot imagine you waiting till next February before you go away again,
I await !!!

1 Like

Who knows what can happen in a couple of months! Important to do what you’re comfortable with x

1 Like

Glad to hear you have been on holiday, I too have just come back after my holiday to Tenerife and I felt very nervous of all the crowds and worried
I may catch covid again even though I have had 5 vaccines. Did you wear a mask at all? I decided to in the airport where it was crowed and on the flight even though I got some odd looks as I was only one wearing it! But Needs must and thankfully I’ve tested negative too since arriving home. Going away again in 6 weeks and will use same measures to protect myself, masks and hand gel as much as I can but it is lovely to have some normality again and be able to travel.

3 Likes

Hi @Liz2 it sounds like @ilivesunshine that you have the travel bug, where are you going away in 6 weeks?
Look after yourself

1 Like

Yes we wore masks in the airport and on the flight. The person sat next to my husband was wearing one too and the people in the row behind.

2 Likes

I have spoken too soon about the negative test. I started to feel unwell on monday. Did 2 covid tests, both negative. I spent the day in bed feeling sorry for myself and wondering what was wrong with me as i had all the symptoms of covid. Did another test yesterday morning which was negative which was negative then another in the afternoon which was positive, as was my husband who only has mild symptoms.

I rang 111 and managed to speak to someone after 20 minutes. They took some details and said someone would ring me within 5 hours to assess whether i could have the antivirals.

They did ring me and said they were referring me for the anti virals and someone from the out of hours team would ring me.
By the time they rang it was 9.30pm. They said they had nothing to do with anti virals and couldnt get me any. I asked why she had called me. She said it was to advise me on treating my symptoms myself. I was confused by this and said i wanted the anti virals.
She said the only way to get them was to ring 999 and go to A&E.

I said i wasn’t going to do that so she said she couldn’t help me further and i should ring 111 again
I really just wanted to go to bed by this time as i was feeling quite ill.
1 was on the phone for more than 30 minutes to 111 while they tried to find out what was going on.
Eventually they said someone will call me today.

2 Likes

Nice to hear you’ve avoided covid , my wife and myself had a week in Tenerife beginning of May . We hadn’t had covid either but the last couple of days away I was just feeling a little off . We tested as soon as we got back , I tested positive straight away and my wife did next day . I’ve had four jabs now and will be due another four weeks after testing negative. Probably next week, my wife was pretty poorly with it and stayed in bed most of the week . I on the other hand apart from a persistent cough and feeling a little off wasn’t too bad . I suppose it’s great testaments for the covid jabs , my wife calls me special because of all the jabs I’ve had .
We have both recovered now , although we had to miss my grandsons 18th birthday and missed out on seeing our new grandson for a week .

1 Like

I spoke too soon! Tested positive yesterday. Hoping my 5 jabs will help.

1 Like

Oh @ilivesunshine what a battle when you are feeling so unwell.
Please let us know how you get on today.
Look after yourself.

@Gord1 I am really glad that you and your wife are feeling better, the after effects can be nasty too.
Look after yourselves

Thank you Erica. Still waiting for the call.

1 Like

@ilivesunshine I do hope you’re doing ok! Have you contacted your haematology team and/or GP to make them aware of your positive test? They can make urgent referral for you. You may find this page useful - Antibody and antiviral treatments for people with blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK
Please don’t hesitate to give our support line a call on 0808 2080 888 if you want to talk things through with us.

2 Likes

Hi @ilivesunshine . I hope you are feeling a bit better. I had 2 negative tests too when i felt horrendous so assumed it was another virrus. Tested positive on day 5 when i was feeling better. Reported positive test and got no call but as i was feeling much improved i didn’t chase as i thought it was too late. The system clearly is broken for antivirrals.

I do wonder if i had got the anit virrals would it have clear to a better extent and not left me with this cough for the following weeks.

I hope you get somewhere with 111 and they can get you better as soon as possible so you can look forward to your cruise.

1 Like

Thanks Chrispy. Someone rang me this morning and said a doctor would be ringing me today. I am still waiting. I am not feeling any better just want go to sleep but dont want to miss the call. I rang 111 again to find out whats happening. The reply was they are very busy! You are right the system is broken. It will soon be too late for me to take them.

1 Like

Thanks. Just rang GP. Said there is nothing they can do. Answer phone at haematology

1 Like

I hope you are not feeling to poorly and manage to get hold of the anti virals soon x

1 Like

Thank you. I am feeling very poorly and getting quite stressed about the anti virals

2 Likes