Negative covid test

Really look after yourself your feelings sound so very natural to me @ilivesunshine

@ilivesunshine I found cold remedies helped but i did need to sleep loads. Hope you manage to get a decent amount of sleep tonight and give yourself time heal.
Big hug
x

1 Like

Did you register the test online?

1 Like

Yes i did register. Still not got the anti viral s. It will soon be too late to take them

2 Likes

Thank you. I have been awake all night coughing. Just rang 111 again. They really are not fit for purpose.

2 Likes

So sorry you’re feeling poorly, it all sounds really tough and frustrating for you. You may find this letter helpful to share with your GP, as it talks through how they can refer patients to CMDU - C1649_new-patient-cohorts-eligible-for-covid-treatments-letter-to-GPs.pdf (england.nhs.uk). You mentioned that you got to answer phone at haematology - have you got any other contact numbers, or an out of hours number for them?

This webpage also says - If you test positive for covid and aren’t able to speak to anyone (the CMDU team, your hospital team, your GP or NHS 111), email your details to england.contactus@nhs.net so they can get the right CMDU to get in touch.

Please do feel free to call us on 0808 2080 888 if there is anything we can do to support you with this.

3 Likes

I hope you hear something soon :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I sent email yesterday. Not had a reply. Gp said they have nothing to do with anti virals and cant help. I will try haematology again but not hopeful as the letter i got from them said ring 111

The system clearly isnt working. There should be a dedicated number to ring instead of being passed from pillar to post.
The man i spoke to at 111 this morning said my case has been handled badly but the best he could offer was to get someone to call me within 10 hours.

1 Like

Hello @ilivesunshine, it sounds like you have had a terrible time. I am on the phones this morning with my colleague Tanya, please do call us if you need? Would you be able to let us know the following (you are welcome to message me directly):
Blood Cancer type
Treatment
GP name
Hospital
NHS no
We will take your issues forward.
Kind regards
Gemma

1 Like

Thanks Gemma. I have just had yet another call from someone who can’t give me the anti virals!

I have ET
Doctor Sowerby at Leven Surgery East Yorkshire is my GP
Hospital is Queens Centre Castle Hill Cottingham

NHS number 4505172295

2 Likes

Treatment is hydroxycarbamide 500

2 Likes

Sorry to ask more questions @ilivesunshine but can I have your name?
Have you heard anymore?
Gemma

1 Like

Susan Cammish
Just had a phone call from Haematology. She has passed my details to 111. I am going round in circles and still not got the anti virals

3 Likes

This is terrible for you. I am unsure why Haematology has not talked directly to the CMDU? Have you had response to your email?
We have also forwarded your case through to the NHS teams. How are you feeling now?
Gemma

2 Likes

Hi @ilivesunshine, could you tell me who your Haematology Team is? The advice from NHS England is to ask to speak to your Haematology team again and ask them to help you access an assessment via the CMDU. Please let me know if i can do anything? Gemma

1 Like

Just an automated reply to my email

I thought i was feeling a bit better so i got up but soon felt very dizzy so had to go back to bed. I havent been coughing quite as much and my temperature is coming down. Maybe i will just recover without the anti virals.

1 Like

I have just had another call from hospital. Someone from NHS England has contacted them re my case. She said someone will be ringing me tomorrow. Still nothing from 111.

2 Likes

More waiting @ilivesunshine I am sorry to say.
Hang in there.

Will do! It certainly has been a struggle.

1 Like