New here, AML and no more NHS chemo available

Hello John, thank you so much for updating us. It’s good to hear that you are feeling well physically and that you and your wife have support from the local hospice, though I’m so sorry you’re both going through what sounds like a really tough time. Please do remember that the support team are here for you both, if there’s ever anything we can do to support you both now and going forwards. We’re only at the end of the phone.

1 Like

@JohnDP thanks so much for updating us especially as it saddens you.
I am so glad that you got a private second opinion because you then know that you have tried every option.
However I am glad that you feel quite well physically and slowed down your pace of moving and doing things.
Local hospices provide so many different services these days and it is so useful that you and your wife have someone to talk to, if needed.
We are here for you and your wife and if either of you would like to talk to someone the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you both.
Be kind to yourselves

@johnDP, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t manage to get on the trial. I’ve had a look on the Janssen website and can no longer find the trial so maybe it has been closed down. My husband is actually still on it and is still doing well. Not in remission but stable. It’s good that you have someone looking out for a trial for you and you can always check yourself via the NHS, MacMillan and Cancer Research who all have access to current clinical trials lists. I hope you stay well as long as you can.

1 Like