PCR tests

I received an email from NHS England advising that all CEVs will receive a PCR test kit to use if I develop covid symptoms.
If I don’t receive it by 22/1/2022 to get into h with them.
If I develop symptoms I am advised to contact health professional for immediate new treatment within 24 hours.
Have any of you on this site received this email too??
Best wishes and Happy Christmas to you all.
Anthony.aka Blackhat

2 Likes

Yes @Blackhat, I received the same email and yesterday my PCR test kit arrived in the post. Obviously hoping I never have to use it but grateful to receive it. Warm wishes. Willow

1 Like

Morning all. Yep, I received this email as well :blush:

1 Like

Morning @Blackhat, thank you for posting the comment to get more clarity on the PCR test kit you have received. This is following antibody and antiviral treatment options that will be available for people who are immunosuppressed. You can find out more information here on our webpages about this: Antibody and antiviral treatments for people with blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK.

Please do call our support line if we can be of any further help an support.

Best Wishes
Bav

3 Likes

Oh @Blackhat great to hear from you and your NHS England experience.
It is very useful.
Look after yourself and a very Happy, Healthy Christmas and 2022 to you too.

I haven’t received PCR Test kit yet.
But I have managed to book no.4 booster jab on 2/1.
Best wishes and Happy Christmas to you all
Anthony​:cowboy_hat_face::rose:

3 Likes

Hi @Blackhat :cowboy hat face, perhaps your PCR test kit has not been delivered by Santa yet or you haven’t got a chimney !!!

1 Like

I too received the email and on Monday evening Parcel Force delivered the said PCR test kit along with instructions of what to do if I have symptoms… Here’s hoping I don’t have to use it.

2 Likes

I haven’t had the email yet. Were they all sent out at the same time? I am W&W - will I be included in this? Again, more confusion!

1 Like

I’m on watch and wait and received mine before Christmas. Only got an email though, not a letter. Have you checked your junk mail? That’s where mine was.

1 Like

Not in my Junk. Who was the email from so I can search? Thanks

1 Like

Covidtreatments@nhs.net

1 Like

Thanks - I haven’t received anything from them

2 Likes

@Gwenda - I’m W&W and I haven’t received anything either (in spam or otherwise) - I wonder if there is someone we can apply to in some way?

3 Likes

I am copying this to @Alice_BloodCancerUK to see if she has any info to help @Chapsticks , good luck

3 Likes

I think there was a suggestion that the letters should be received by today - 10th Jan. I haven’t received anything. When I emailed my GP practice last week they said some people had received a letter, others a pcr to have at home ready and others like me nothing. I phoned 119 this morning but they didn’t seem to know anything. I emailed the practice again this afternoon and they said to phone 119 and ask to speak to a manager if the initial person knows nothing about it. I have naughtily obtained a pcr kit to have at home by ticking the bit where it says your GP has asked you to get one.
I think I will leave it a few days. It’s so exhausting! My Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) is touch wood stable and numbers not high so wonder whether I have already been discounted but it would be nice to know! Wonder whether Blood Cancer can work their magic and get some clarity!

4 Likes

This is what our Practice Manager emailed me. Under Treatments it does say to wait till 10thJan

1 Like

Now we are being told that we will have to live,(or die ) with covid !!
We are being abandoned☹️

2 Likes

@Gwenda and @Chapsticks hope you’re both doing okay. We are aware that there are a number of people within the blood cancer community who have not received a PCR test and letter, despite their eligibility to receive one, for example, people with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) who are on watch and wait. Please be assured that we are in close communication with Department of Health regarding this, and are working hard to make sure they are aware of the difficulties people are facing.

We are also making sure they’re aware of the urgent need to ensure that information around these treatments and the processes around accessing them is understood clearly by 119 helpline staff to ensure they can offer the correct general guidance immunocompromised individuals. We’re aware that NHS advice is to “Call 119 if you think you may be eligible for treatment but have not received your test kit by 10 January 2022”. but we know there are people having varying levels of success with this.

If helpful in your conversations with your clinical teams, here is the letter sent to healthcare professionals instructing them about this process, in England, as it talks through their role in the process.
You may want to give your GP practice another call @Gwenda or an email talking through this letter which was sent to GPs about their role in the process - C1478-letter-deployment-of-covid-19-treatments-for-highest-risk-non-hospital.pdf (england.nhs.uk)

You may find our webpage here useful to read through (we are regularly reviewing and updating the information) - Antibody and antiviral treatments for people with blood cancer | Blood Cancer UK. In the ‘What you Need to Know’ grey box it explains the process to follow if someone with blood cancer tests positive, (whether they’ve received a letter or not).

2 Likes

I have been collecting information from lots of other patients who can’t get the special priority PCR kits. If you can’t get one 119 are meant to send them out so you should call them. But they are saying they can’t at the moment. The normal PCRs are too slow to be reported. It’s a race against time. I’m hoping the one my nurse arranged to be sent out for me yesterday might have the priority leaflet wifh it. Let’s see….

3 Likes