This has potentially devastating consequences for their quality of life and survival. We’re campaigning to end delays to diagnosis for everyone with blood cancer across the UK.
Delays to diagnosis can lead to people with blood cancer:
- Dying early
- Being burdened with long-term side effects
- Suffering with the emotional impact
This is our chance to tell the Government to prioritise improving blood cancer diagnosis. We are calling for two major changes in the healthcare system for people with blood cancer.
We want the Government to commit to:
- A decrease in the proportion of people with blood cancer who have three or more GP appointments before being diagnosed in the next five years
- A reduction in the number of people diagnosed via emergency admissions fall to meet the average for other cancers
How can you support our work?
- Read the report, which you can find here; https://bloodwise.org.uk/sites/default/files/documents/bloodwise-delayed-diagnosis-report.pdf
- Share it with your community and MP, and urge them to support it too
- Sign our petition to call on the Government to support GP’s better, https://bloodwise.eaction.org.uk/endthedelays/
Our voice is only as loud as the number of people we’re talking on behalf of.