Recently Diagnosed with MDS

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) last April this year, still in shock. I just turned 41 last July.

2 Likes

Hi @Jebs554 a big welcome to posting on our forum.
I know when I was diagnosed, with another blood cancer, I was in shock for a long time, it rocked the world I thought I had. Be very kind to yourself.
Have you any support?
What has happened since then?
I hope others will be able to share their experiences.
If you would like to talk to the Blood Cancer UK support line they are on 0808 2080 888
I look forward to hearing more about you and really look after yourself and please do keep posting.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m from the Philippines and we don’t support group for rare type of cancer such as Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). Our health care system is also less advance and medication is very expensive.

I just turned 41 years last July and very weary what is my future with the disease.

Regards.

James

2 Likes

Hi @Jebs554 thanks for telling us that you are from the Philippines.
As you say there are differences in the health care systems and treatment regimes in the Philippines.
Therefore your question is best asked of your medical team who know you best.
Look after yourself and be very kind to yourself

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

2 Likes

Hello there @Jebs554, welcome to the forum! I’m really sorry to read of your diagnosis with Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), that must be very stressful. Last year I was diagnosed with a different blood cancer, Polycythaemia vera (PV), and am considered a young survivor like you so can empathise with the shock you feel.

Sounds like you’re also far from the UK but seeking information from a trusted source. Perhaps you’d find the Blood Cancer UK research and information about Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) helpful: Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) | Blood Cancer UK

Have a look around the forum and I’m sure you’ll find others living with Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS). In fact I know someone just this week posted on the forum about Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), and there are other members from the Philippines like yourself who are also seeking information here, so you’re really in good company.

Hope you find the forum helpful James, do let us know how you get on.

Thank you Duncan…
God Bless!

2 Likes