Recovery

Good afternoon all
I had my stem cell transplant on 8th September and had admission to hospital on 14/9/22 to monitor blood and recovery.
It’s been going well the only problem has been the mucositis which had prevented me eating and trying to maintain weight. It was being managed with difflam spray and mouthwash. Sodium bicarbonate mouthwash and mst 10 twice daily and oramorph. It is now beginning to ease up and neutrophils are rising. Now 0.21. Had one transfusion of platelets yesterday and that’s been all I’ve needed so far.
I am going to be discharged tomorrow.
Monique

2 Likes

Oh @Monique it sounds in the scheme of things that you are doing well, despite the mucositis and weight loss.
I hope your discharge goes well tomorrow; it really made me realise how wonderful my own bed was.
Take lots of care of yourself and be kind to yourself.

1 Like

I hope you get better soon.

2 Likes

Hi @Cassy0110
I feel much better now now my mouth has healed and enjoying food again. How are you?
Monique.

2 Likes

Hi @Monique I had really bad mucositis too and eating and drinking were agony. It did get better though once my neutrophils started rising. I had a bit of a lack of energy when I first came out of hospital but I recovered very quickly and went back to work and went travelling too within a couple of weeks. Hope it’s as smooth for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Franko
The mucositis has cleared now thankfully. I have the same lack of energy. Bloods are good and appointments now once weekly. Can’t return to work due to immunity but hoping to go back as soon as I can. Thank you Franco.
Monique.

2 Likes