Results on Monday

Hello 3 weeks ago I had a bone marrow biopsy to check for any abnormalities with my bloood as I keep getting recurring infection like cold and flu symptoms, I have constant heartburn , bone pain, feeling bloated very fast, feeling extremely tired, not well in myself.
I do have other conditions but I am starting to think my fibromyalgia is cancer as all my symptoms point to me having blood cancer . I’m absolutely scared to find out on Monday.
I know my JAK2 and CALR and MK mutation is negative but I’m sure that isn’t always right.
What are everyone else thoughts on this

2 Likes

My thought @Hay95 is personally that actually knowing something or it being ruled out is better than not knowing.
Perhaps ask your consultants your fears, thoughts and feelings and your fibromyalgia relationship diagnosis.
Please do let us know how you get on on Monday.
Look after yourself, the not knowing is horrible, we are such complex beings

1 Like

I’m just scared. Feel like all my symptoms are pointing to cancer. Just also keep getting itchy face and loads of symptoms. My consultant has never mentions cancer to be but what if it is

2 Likes

Hello again @Hay95, how was the biopsy result? I hope it’s good news. My own bone marrow biopsy was a little uncomfortable but thankfully not painful, and its incision and bruising cleared up well. It diagnosed me with Polycythaemia vera (PV). Others here have had difficult times during theirs, so I’m hoping yours wasn’t too bad.

One thing I’d say, having gone through a similar process of having a BMB and then awaiting its results, is that the samples should be painstakingly analysed and are unlikely to be incorrect. Some labs even automate the analysis to check the shapes and quantities of different blood cells for abnormalities. Try to trust the results, there’s no need to add extra worry to an already anxious time!

1 Like

My bone marrow is all clear . No sign of cancer. They have put it down to my periods being heavy which lowers my iron levels causing infections

5 Likes

Such excellent news, @Hay95!!! Time to celebrate, I’d say!

1 Like

Thank you, still got low iron and very exhausted.

3 Likes

You’re welcome.

Now that you know what it isn’t, you can take the symptoms you have to your doctor to see what can be done about those instead.

I wish you all the best and hope you find support from your doctors with ways to manage the low iron and exhaustion, @Hay95!

2 Likes

That is such great news @Hay95 so pleased for you, you have made my day.
Let’s really hope that your symptoms can be eased soon.
Really look after yourself @Hay95

2 Likes

That’s great news
Live life everyday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes