Seizure 4 years since finishing Chemo

Hi,

I finished chemo for APML (diagnosed May 2018) in September 2018. During this time I also had a TIA/mini stroke, which damaged approximately 5% of my brain.

In September 2022, I had a seizure, which at the time they said is likely to have been caused by the damage to my brain from the TIA. I had a scan back in January, which I still don’t have the results from.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks in advance (which is also TIA, which is ironic)

4 Likes

Morning @Purplepixie
I am sorry to hear of your experience. I am sure others on here will reach out to you. Wishing all the best do keep in touch. We are all here for you.

2 Likes

Hi @Purplepixie,
Thank you so much for sharing this and i am very sorry to hear that you have been going through what must be a worrying time. I hope you are doing okay now?

May i ask, do you have a follow up appointment as of yet to talk through your recent scan results?

I hope this forum is able to offer some support and perhaps shared experiences but it is possible what you have experienced as a result of your TIA during chemo, is somewhat rare.
Please do call our helpline at any point if you think talking things through would be helpful to you- 0808 2080 888.

Take Care, lauran

2 Likes

I missed a call yesterday from the neurology office, but the lady who called me is on leave today and tomorrow and left no notes of the system, so I have no idea if it was about my scan or something else, so we shall see when I call them on Friday!

4 Likes

Please keep us updated on how you get on on Friday :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Purplepixieno, I haven’t experienced this luckily.
Seizures and TIA’s are so scary for the patient and people around them.
How gutting to miss a call from the neurology office yesterday.
I absolutely hate waiting for calls, I spend hours just looking at the phone and then I know it will ring as soon as I go to the loo.
Now you are all keyed up for Friday, at least you are in charge of ringing them.
Please do let us know how the call goes and if you would like to talk to someone don’t forget the Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you on 0808 2080 888.
Look after yourself and be kind to yourself waiting is horrible

2 Likes