Strange Blood Readings

72 year old male. I have 11 blood test readings over the last 8 years.
All reading show MCH above top limit
All MCV reading close top top limit
All Monocyte Counts above top limit
All GFR near top limit

Please what are these high values showing

My grandfather had Polycythemia not sure if thats relevant?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Nick and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a lot of questions but unfortunately I can’t answer anything medically related. The best people for this are your medical team. I was wondering when your next appointment is and if you will get the opportunity to ask your team or your GP? What have they said in the past. I can understand you must be very worried. It may be worth giving the support line a ring who could advise you. Let us know how you get on.

1 Like

Hi @Nick, welcome to our forum, sorry I cannot answer medical questions, too complicated for me.
Perhaps these questions are for someone on your medical team and tell them your fears, concerns and practicalities as well. So many factors are taken into account when making a diagnosis. I also like to write down all my questions and answers and make sure I get answers that I really understand.
What we do seem to share are the fears, thoughts, feelings and practicalities though and they are what we can support you with. @Nichola75 has given you a link to the support line.
I look forward to hearing more from you and what your medical team says.

1 Like