Terrified

@2DB the tea and biscuit part is so lovely! As for the gas and air it’s brilliant I love that spaced out feeling :laughing: thank you for replying and all the very best

2 Likes

Ps I just noticed your profile picture, ordered a badge for shielding, already have a sunflower :sunflower: lanyard but hoping this will help as well :+1::blush:

2 Likes

I have the badge and the sunflower lanyard and I find they do make a statement, the 3rd accompaniment is a Blood Cancer UK mask for the full set. @Suenew1967 and @2DB.
Tea and biscuits go together like gas and air !!!

2 Likes

The badge is really helpful it was through covid and recently when mask wearing was stopped
When I wore the badge people understood why I needed a mask and for them to wear on too as I’m still shielding

Saying that I went for treatment today and everyone is wearing a mask again in clinic and chemo suite at long last

2 Likes

How do you know what ache /pain is normal/ perimenopausal or what could mean myeloma :sleepy:

1 Like

Now as I have experienced myeloma bone pain i can recognise it from other aches and pains

My aches and pain at the time pre diagnosis could well have been because I was anaemic I didn’t know I was on the way to a gall bladder infection that’s why at 49 I assumed I was starting the menopause
My lower back pain and knees I assumed again that it was standing for 4 plus hours with my job

Myeloma bone pain is very different I have lesions in my ribs and pelvis and spine amongst other places so lying on them hurt nothing seemed to take the pain away it was agony and I had a fracture to my spine at T9
Paracetamol doesn’t touch it

1 Like

Oh @Sarie I have no idea and that is why we often take so long to get a definitive diagnosis.
That is why I get all aches and pains and lumps and bumps checked out.
Please do let us know how you get on and be ever so kind to yourself, I have found the unknown can be scary

Bone marrow biopsy all done…no gas and air and no tea and biscuits !!! But it was actually not anyway near as bad as i had thought. They said my skeletal survey was all clear, so just these results to go. I cried my eyes out walking away from the husband to have it done, but home now x

3 Likes

What @Sarie no tea and biscuits, you were robbed.
I am so glad you are back in your own home and I hope having loads of tea and biscuits
Take care of yourself.

1 Like

No tea and biscuits :scream: treat yourself to some nice fancy ones :smiley:
That’s good to hear it wasn’t as bad as you thought though and that your skeletal survey is clear.

2 Likes