Still.worried

Hi , saw haematologist today. Scan normal, protein level gone down fron 21g/l to 14, but bone marrow bio
psy says 14% ,so i have myeloma. Been told no treatment as yet, and reveiw bloods in 4 months? Not sure how im feeling, i know it ciuld be a lot lot worse :confused:

5 Likes

Hi @Sarie I am glad that you have posted on here again with your update after seeing your haematologist today.
Personally I often have conflicting thoughts and emotions, especially around my medical test results and appointments.
I think it is compounded when on watch and wait (active monitoring) which I am on and it appears you are on as your bloods will be reviewed in 4 months.
I reckon it is natural what you are feeling.
I also found that it was very difficult to come to terms with having a condition, but not having treatment straight away, and I also found it tricky trying to explain that to others.
Just give yourself time and be very kind to yourself and please keep posting

3 Likes

Hi @Sarie.
I can imagine your thoughts, feelings and emotions are up and down and all over the place. It’s a lot to take in and to digest.
It’s really important that you look after yourself and let yourself work through things at your pace.
Getting a diagnosis is but no treatment is a hard thing to get your head around. I really struggled.
Have you got somebody you are able to talk to about things?

3 Likes

Thats just what i said to mt husband, why do we have to wait for it to get worse before treatment?

2 Likes

Hi @Sarie a very logical question and believe me I am very grateful to be on watch and wait (active monitoring), it is 20yrs today, and treatments have improved so much and are more targeted to the patient in that time.
Often the consultant will want to see how the tests and symptoms evolve before discussing treatment options.
Plus there are usually individual medical reasons that you might need to ask about.
Perhaps just give yourselves time to come to terms with the diagnosis both of you and be very kind to yourselves.

2 Likes