Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts and personal experiences of Polycythaemia vera (PV) treatments to help me to decide on my next steps. I’d also like to thank the Blood Cancer nurse who also helped and told me to visit the Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) Voice page and the linked forum. Tomorrow, I will be starting Peginterferon. The decision wasn’t easy as there was +/- for both treatments. I know it is possible to change treatment moving forward.

Pre assessment tomorrow and treatment starts. I have my questions ready.

I am truly grateful to everyone who responded with personal comments/ experiences.

Thank you all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m glad the forum family were able to support you on your journey. I know I wouldn’t be where I am without them.
Starting a new treatment is always nerve wracking so I’m glad you have all your questions ready.
Please keep us updated on how everything is going.
Sending lots of love X

4 Likes

So true, the forum family are awesome. It’s great to have someone to explore things with. I really appreciate every comment. Thank you @Nichola75 x

1 Like

Good news @Lynd I do like to have a plan.
Please do let us know how you are getting on.
The Blood Cancer UK support line is there on 0808 2080 888
Be kind to yourself you have a lot going on. xx

2 Likes

Thank you, @Erica. It has been a difficult time. Dad’s celebration of life was last Monday, and yesterday, i had a tooth out. I’m still in a lot of pain. What a week. I am so grateful for everyone’s support on here :slight_smile: Thank you for your kind words, as always, lovely lady x

1 Like

Oh @Lynd you really do have a lot going on.
I hope your Dad’s celebration of life went as well as such occasions can.
As for having a tooth out and still being in a lot of pain, how rotten I just feel like crawling up into a little ball at that time and there is you having to go along to your pre assessment.
It’s OK to have days where you feel really sorry for yourself, please let us know how you get on and this is the place you can be really honest.
Take it steady xx

1 Like

Thank you @Erica. Your kind words are so appreciated. The forum are so supportive and you are always so kind and caring xx

2 Likes