Update on blood issue

I went to my haematologist appointment today; who proceeded to tell me I have Immune ITP, however, the nurse gave me a cancer keyworker card, I think they are suspecting it could be blood cancer that is causing the issue, I don’t know how to feel at the moment, I have emailed everyone at university who needed to be told that they suspect cancer. My head is going round in circles asking questions and being scared.

2 Likes

Hi @jmattox89 sorry to hear you’re going through all this uncertainty. Did they explain to you that they suspect that blood cancer is causing the issue? It sounds like you’ve got a lot of questions - do you have a follow up appointment booked in with the haematologist?
We’d really encourage you to give the key worker whose card you were given, a call, to talk through how you’re feeling and get an idea of what the next steps are.
Please don’t hesitate to give us a call on the support line if we can support you at any point!

4 Likes

Oh @jmattox89 I bet that you do not know how to feel at the moment and that your head is going round in circles. I find fear makes me freeze in situations.
@Alice_BloodCancerUK has given you great advice that you have been given a cancer key worker card so use it and ask them all those questions that are whizzing around in your head and ask them directly if it is blood cancer and what the way forward is.
As I have said before there is a lot of waiting on others and that feels horrible, I like a plan.
Please let us know how you get on and in the meantime write down all your questions and look after yourself and be kind to yourself.

3 Likes