Using oxygen for CLL

If when I go walking can I use oxygen to give me a boost, you can buy a lightweight portable oxygen cylinder from a chemists, what do people think

1 Like

Hi @Mickbrit. I think this is definitely a question for your medical team and I wouldn’t do anything before checking it out with them :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @Mickbrit I agree with every word @Nichola75 has said.
Please let us know what they advise you.

2 Likes

Today I spoke to my health care professionals on the haematology ward I attend for my treatment they have told me that there would be no problem using oxygen if I need it to help my walk. This isn’t just a normal everyday walk it is to scatter my sons ashes who died from lymphoma last October so, it is very important that I achieve this climb to the summit of his favourite hill in Derbyshire

1 Like

Oh, @Mickbrit, I am so glad that you have talked to your health care professionals.
I am so sorry to hear that your son died of Lymphoma last October, it must have been made even more difficult for you in Covid times.
I can now understand that it is so important for you to scatter your sons ashes at the summit of his favourite hill in Derbyshire.
Please let us know how you get on and take lots of care of yourself.

2 Likes

Hi @Mickbrit. I’m really glad you got advice from your medical team and that you can do what you’d hoped to help you achieve your goal. It must be a very difficult for you. I hope your special climb goes well. Sending extra special wishes x

2 Likes

Great to hear your story Micbrit, if your health team say ok, do it for yourself and your boy. You are also doing really good inspirational stuff here, I admire your spirit.All the best.

3 Likes

Did the walk today a nice group turned up to honour my son, didn’t need the oxygen after all

1 Like

So glad it went well and how lovely so many people turned up. He must’ve been very special. Good to know you had the oxygen there in case you needed it though .

2 Likes

Oh, @Mickbrit I am so, so glad that you did your walk and I hope the weather was kind to you.
How wonderful that such a nice group of people turned up to honour your son.
You actually did it without oxygen as well, fantastic.
Take lots of care it and raise a glass tonight to your son, it must be an emotionally and physically draining day for you.

3 Likes