Waldenstroms macroglobulinaemia

Hi @Bazza. I’m really pleased that everything is going well so far.
Sounds like you are being well looked after.
Take good care of yourself and keep us updated on how you are getting on :blush:

2 Likes

Second Chemo round of D.R.C concluded. On being discharged, following the Dexa & Ritux infusions, the meds (antiBs, Virals & Sickness) weren’t ready. I also had three injections (1 per day), self administered, of Filgrastim, a Neutrofil booster to take.
Got the meds & jabs later but the next day didn’t feel to “chipper” & bottled the self jabbing. The wkend passed, Emailed, via on-line Triage, my GP asking if a Nurse might assist? Two hrs later, “Not til Wednesday”! What about my GP? “They don’t do injections”. Pharmacy? “No”.
Rang Hospital, Chemo Day Therapy, ansaphone msg left. An hour later “We can’t assist as you’ve no appointment”
Later that evening a Snr Nurse, from another hospital, that I barely know, in her own home 20mls away, showed me how to self administer the 1st jab. I did the second myself last night. Last one tonight.
Take from this tale whatever you choose, but never No as the answer :thinking:. Hope alls well in the community?

1 Like

Oh @Bazza I wish this was a one-off story.
I think what I take from this tale (experience) is that we really have to take responsibility for our health, be proactive, persistent and pleasantly assertive.
Look after yourself

1 Like

Agree completely @Erica but being proactive, persistent and pleasantly assertive, when likely worried, scared and out of sorts, is challenging if that’s not your character. It’s the little things that destabilise the mindset. Hearing “No”, when a simple “Yes” is anticipated, from those there to help isn’t the reassurance a frightened patient needs.

3 Likes

So, so true @Bazza just think of us all coming with you to an appointment, like a supportive blanket xx