Webinar: CLL, Exercise and Nutrition 16th November 13:00-14:30 (from CLLSA)

Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL), Exercise and Nutrition with Dr. David Bartlett. Tuesday 16th November. 13:00-14:30

Recently Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) Support put out a call for those of you who would be prepared to join a study investigating how exercise and nutrition can affect the progress and impact of Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) in patients. In this webinar, David will be explaining more about the research he is undertaking and what he is asking of volunteers.

The programme is also open to partners, friends and HCPs who can help provide a comparison and motivation to the CLLer.

About David Bartlett

Dr Bartlett is a Lecturer of Exercise Immunology at the University of Surrey and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Duke Cancer Institute in North Carolina. He is an immunologist focused on manipulating exercise and diet to enhance immune functions, overall health, and disease prognosis in adults with chronic diseases. He has published extensively assessing exercise training and immune function in those with impaired immunity. His work assessing responses to high-intensity interval exercise training led him to provide insight into the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.

David will be joined by a patient speaker and other expert speakers to help us understand the study, what would be expected of participants, and how to join.

Panel Members are:

1. David Bartlett – Lecturer of Exercise Immunologist
  2. Ralph Manders – Lecturer of Exercise Physiology (r.manders@surrey.ac.uk)
  3. Barbara Fielding – Reader in Nutritional Sciences (b.fielding@surrey.ac.uk)
  4. Long Li – Oncology Dietitian (long.li@surrey.ac.uk)
  5. Caitlin Jeary – Oncology Dietitian (c.jeary@surrey.ac.uk)

Also in the panel will be Dr. Renata Walewska, Consultant Haematologist at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital and Chair of the UK Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) Forum to answer your questions on Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL).

This will be the last scheduled Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) Support webinar of 2021.

To register, email Webinar@cllsupport.org.uk.

1 Like

Thanks for this opportunity, I have actually been in touch about this already and emailed David, but I hope to join this webinar.

Hi, I am recently diagnosed with Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL). Is there a recording of this webinar?

1 Like

Hi @Vicki this was run by the Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) Support Association.
I have just gone to their website and if you look under ‘news and events’ and then ‘webinars and conference videos’ you will find it plus some other useful webinars/videos.

1 Like

That’s great. Thank you so much.

1 Like