What do you think of our mindfulness video?

Hi there forum family,

How are we all? :grin:

We wonder if you could do us a small favour? We would love to get your feedback on some of our mindfulness videos.

So what is it all about? Have a look below to find out! :smiley:

We have produced a series of guided mindfulness videos, but we need people with blood cancer or in remission to test them out. ‘Calm your mind’ is just 5 minutes long. If you’ve never tried meditation, or even if you have, we’re keen to know what you think of these videos. Are they helpful? Did they relax you? Would you recommend them? Please be as honest as you can and hare your thoughts below!! We want your constructive feedback. Happy watching! ….

Thank you for watching! In this video, was Mindfulness teacher, Bodhilila on this guided mediation with Jane, Ann, Mel and Katie, who are all living with or in remission from blood cancer.

Best wishes from the Blood Cancer UK support team :heart:

1 Like

Thank you Blood Cancer UK for producing a mindfulness video. It is such a good idea. I found the video helpful but I didn’t like the sound at the beginning of the metal bowl being tapped! Sorry, it might just be me but I am very sensitive to sounds. Personally I found there was too much talking and I would have liked some more pauses and times of silence to take in what had been said. I also wonder if it might be good to have some relaxing scenes of nature (eg, water, trees, sky, flowers) rather than focusing on the participants all the time? Hope this is helpful. Will be interested to hear what others think? Thank you. Willow

3 Likes

@Willow thank you for your feedback that is really appreciated and informs us what our community like and dislike and how we can better improve the resources we produce for you all.

1 Like

Hi @SuBloodcancerUK, @Willow and @Bav.BloodCancerUK.
I have always struggled on courses etc. with meditation, especially when they say to empty your mind. My mind is multi tasking all the time and full up with thoughts and emotions and is never empty.
So what I liked about this first calm your mind video is that to me it was about accepting all the thoughts and emotions, aches and pains in me, but giving me time and space to be aware of them all and calm down and just be. I did feel calmer after this video. I felt this video should have been the third video.
The second breathing video made me aware of my breathing and what I did like was not change it, but aware of how it is. However I found my breathing did calm down during this meditation. This will also help me with my pilates breathing too.
The third body scan meditation I felt should have been the first video because it made me aware of my whole body before the next two meditation videos. It again made me calm down.
I love my Ambassador Buddies to bits, but I would have liked just a relaxing, calming scene and an unseen voice for the videos, with perhaps more quiet spaces and I also felt that the dings were intrusive.
I thought I needed meditation when I was too busy rushing around in life, but these videos made me realise how much I needed them whilst in isolation.
Thanks so much for all your hard work producing these videos and to everyone who participated in them and my thoughts are really meant to be constructive.

3 Likes

@Erica Thank you so much for watching and sharing your feedback (which will be very gratefully received by our information services team :grin:) As you touched on Erica, different approaches may work for different people. And for some people, that very concept of learning to accept and live with your thoughts and emotions can be so helpful. Thank you so much again, such clear and specific feedback from you! :+1:

1 Like

Anymore feedback very welcome! :smiley:

2 Likes

hello guys. i am the new memeber.; Hope you are all fine.

2 Likes

Hi @Arunita a great big welcome to our supportive forum.
The Blood Cancer UK support line is there for you if you would like to talk to someone and we are here on the forum.
I really look forward to hearing more about you, take lots of care of yourself and be kind to yourself.

Hi @Arunita I have been thinking about you, how are you doing?
Look after yourself