What to decide about organ donation (re driving licence renewal)?

Oh @art305 so you have posted the forms off then.
Has anything been decided about your 2 areas of skin cancer?
I had the growths, that are supposed to be scar tissue, not skin cancer this time, removed from the top of my head 5 weeks ago.
Look after yourself and please keep posting.

2 Likes

I have had 2 bcc’s removed, one from my shoulder, and one from my chest, the first one was done before the covid blight, and there was only a 2 week wait, the second was done in June this year, that was a 3 month wait. Both were quite nasty by the time of surgery, (bleeding and crusting) so I have 2 scars of about 3 inches long each. - however, they have both healed very well, and both came back non-malignant.
I thought the healing might be a problem, with ET and Hydroxycarbamide and asprin, but it was fine.
I have also had to treat 14 separate bits of chest, back, and forehead with Efudix - So I look a bit like a patchwork quilt.
I hope you are treated quickly, and the biopsies come back non-malignant.

2 Likes

Sorry for taking so long to reply to the posts in this thread.
I have been trying to get the result from the biopsy in my right nostril. Hopefully I will have it tomorrow.

Its good to hear of all the brave responses to adverse health conditions everybody has made.
You are all legends. It has been a great help and inspiration to me.

I was a bit worried about the SCC on my right cheek. It seemed to be getting crusty and bigger but has settled down now.
Anyway I have my appointment with the doctor tomorrow so we will see.

Oh and I had my 3rd full Covid 19 Vaccination yesterday :sunglasses:

art3055

3 Likes

Sorry the SCC is on my right cheek. I have a BBC on the left ear.

1 Like

Still getting it wrong not that it matters but the SCC is on my LEFT Cheek.

1 Like

Great news that you had your third jab. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow :blush:

1 Like

@art305 great that you have had your 3rd full Covid vaccination. Please let us know how you get on at your doctors appointment.

Well the doctor/surgeon said the one that was thought to be SCC on my left cheek may not be SCC but cannot be positive until a biopsy was done but it needs removing.
I have an appointment on the 21st this month for it to be removed. Good news.

He says that the BCC on the right ear needed no action at the moment. Good news for now

He also translated a diagnosis from the ENT of the biopsy on the item in my right nostril.
It appears there is nothing to worry about. So good news there.

art305

1 Like

Hi @art305 that’s good news by 3, that’s a triple celebration today.

Glad to hear. Thanks for keeping us updated x

1 Like

@art305 I’ve so much respect for your decision on this.

In the meantime, I’m sorry to hear about these problems with skin cancer on top of everything else. I hope @heatherthomas @erica and @art305 that you are all healing up well and I’m really happy to hear the good news about your (nostril) biopsy, @art305. I’ll be thinking of you on 21st.

1 Like