Antibodies and medication

Hi @Mickbrit I bet you felt gutted about what your consultant said and I am so sorry that you have wisely decided to cancel a wedding at the beginning of September.
Better safe than sorry, we have been careful for so long it would be a pity for it all be for nothing now. Stay safe.
Has anyone else had such a dilemma?

2 Likes

I did the NHS antibody test after 3 jabsā€¦ The results came back very quickly sadly negative so have been advised to keep well away from all indoor crowded placesā€¦ We havenā€™t seen grandchildren since Jan 2020 and it doesnā€™t look hopeful for this winter either

1 Like

That must be really frustrating @Annie78 and extremely hard not seeing your family X

1 Like

I too had an antibody test come back negative after my 3 Pfizer vaccinations.The test was a National Covid Cancer survey run by NHS. The message I received said I could call 119 to discuss the result. So I called 119 today and the conclusion was that it can take 28 days or even longer for antibodies to show. My gap between the 3rd dose and taking the test was 16 days. So I wonder itā€™s worth Annie78 taking another antibody test with a longer gap after the vaccination. I intend to do this to make sure although I took a paid for test 3 months following my 2nd jab which came back negative.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s useful advice to pass on. Thank you @Addax

2 Likes

Oh @Annie78 that is a long time not to see grandchildren, it must so difficult for you all.

1 Like

Hi thereā€¦

Just got to hear results of my Roche Antibody ā€˜Sā€™ test results.

To remind people I am 77 with W&W Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) (nearly needing further treatment) who has had (like a lot of youngish(?) people 2 X AZ.

Was called for my 3rd/booster at end of Sept.

Had the Pfizer and hoped for a 10Xtimes increase in Antibodies(?).

After recording 1.5u/mL in May 2021 after the first doses, It clearly states that below 0.83u/mL is treated as a negative result.

%%%%%%I have just been told I have gone up to 18.5u/mL.%%%%%

I am over the moon and delighted to pass on this bit of good news to the forum, in the hope that It (hopefully) can give a bit of hope and encouragement to have the 3rd/ā€˜boosterā€™ to quite a few on here.

I am now pushing for my 4th vaccine asap, in the hopes that I may see another boost, and then be ā€˜upā€™ with the standard population.

I am having my 6monthly FBC on Monday, and if that is still all OK, I am hoping to enter the world of indoor entertainment/seeing grandkids adhoc/etc again.

5 Likes

Sorry to read above that after O/V that vaccination does not respond in quite the same way.
I suspect I may have to have the treatment next year!

3 Likes

The fact that you are over the moon @daveOsprey comes through in your post.
Let us know how your blood tests go before you enter the world.
Look after yourself.
Has anyone else had any antibody test results?

2 Likes

Finally got my FBC results back, though I hadnā€™t pushed for them.
They were positive in general although my red blood counts went over the recommended values (doc not worried as can happen with dehydration), the important Lymphocyte count actually fell for the second time running. Doctor said that was positive news indeed.
Could this have been caused by the vaccine? Anyone else to comment?

2 Likes

Enjoy the positive news @daveOsprey and celebrate.
No idea if caused by Covid vaccine or not !!!.

1 Like