Awaiting blood test results due to petachie, fatigue and bone pain

No need to apologise at all! I’m so glad you felt comfortable to be able to get it off your chest on here! So pleased to hear that you managed to speak to another doctor whose going to do more in depth tests. Hope they left you feeling a bit more reassured. Do let us know how you get on if you’re happy to.

1 Like

Oh, @Rae, I really understand your mixture of emotions and it must be so much worse as we are in Covid times.
Texts and telephone communications seem the way of the moment and I have been given 2 such appointments for next year.
Sometimes I wonder if the sender has any idea the impact of how a message is received and that it is a one way communication.
Sometimes it does not matter what condition we have our thoughts, feelings, practicalities and sometimes our questions are similar.
I really hope you get answers soon, please make sure you do. Take care of yourself.
p.s. If everyone had your mam’s philosophy for life, the world would be a far better place.

2 Likes

That’s much better news and I’m glad it’s made you feel a bit better. Keep us posted x

1 Like

Thank you all. The doctor - different one- has ordered chest, lumber and hip xrays - I will be radiated to the max lol. He’s also ordered a range of more sensitive blood tests including something to do with thropins for heart and esr for inflammation or something. He rang me back to say he was adding something else to the tests but I cant remember what he said. He never suggested it was “my age” or “depression” which is so unusual for my GP practice, that itself was encouraging . History of heart issues in family so he is doing BP 24 hour monitor too. After all this if something isnt found, it must be in my head! You guys are incredible thank you all so much. xx

2 Likes

Hi @Rae, Thanks for the update, your different doctor sounds very thorough and you have got the bargain offer on tests. Good luck and take care.

2 Likes